Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I agree with the above two gentlemen, for the same reasoning.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi. I bought one for two reasons: 1. None of my friends has one, and 2. I hate those darn front serrations. Other than the serrations the only thing I automatically notice about it as being "different" is the extended slide release. I tend to carry it over the regular G5, simply because those FSS put me off so much. Most of the people I know who press check all the time don't actually carry a firearm for a living, they have just seen it done in a ton of movies and want to be "tacti-cool." No offense intended if that is your thing, it is just not mine, and our firearms guys beat it out of the newbies because they keep muzzling themselves, and because it is not necessary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thought I would show you a visual:

The 19M is on the left, and the G5 on the right. Other than the stupid FSS and the markings, there is not a lot of difference in the appearance.

Slide assemblies could be twins

Forgot about the cut out on the 19M. I don't really notice it like some people do.

Here is where I saw some difference. It doesn't really show in the pic, but some of the internals are slightly darker on the M. Also, the ejector is shaped slightly different. I haven't noticed a performance difference between them. Forgive the dirtiness, I haven't cleaned them after the last shoot because it was only about 25 rounds each...

·
Registered
44 Posts
The true FBI-spec variants are blue-label and have nDLC coatings on the trigger bar and connector, plus the 'M' stamp on the barrel. The other versions are red-label through Lipseys and use the same Gen5 internals. Still, unique to have them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The true FBI-spec variants are blue-label and have nDLC coatings on the trigger bar and connector, plus the 'M' stamp on the barrel. The other versions are red-label through Lipseys and use the same Gen5 internals. Still, unique to have them.
When I get home I will have to check my label, not sure what it is. I have several that are Blue, but it may or may not be one of them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I get home I will have to check my label, not sure what it is. I have several that are Blue, but it may or may not be one of them.
Lots of info here (BL versions through GT Distributors):

1 - 10 of 10 Posts