Glock Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
665 Posts
I'm a big fan of the G19 size and of course the 9mm. I do have a G23 that I shoot both .40 and .357 Sig through and I have started to carry the .357 Sig at times but the G19 and 9mm is my favorite still. It's the perfect size for me, conceal wise, holds 15+1, easy to shoot, inexpensive target ammo which means you can shoot it a lot. Until recently, I had a Gen 3 G19 but I prefer the Gen 4's though I've kept my Gen 3 G17 for now. I use my Gen 17 mags to shoot and carry with my G19. Overall, just a great gun IMO. My target ammo is generally WWB 115 gr as it's the least expensive around here, $22.79 per box of 100 at Walmart. Tula ammo is cheaper but don't trust it and Federal is close, $11.47 I think per box. My Self-defense ammo is Speer GD 124 p+ and 115gr standard.

· Registered
665 Posts
What made you go with the gen 4 over the gen 3? The gen 3's feel great other than the damn finger grooves to me. Is there really a difference in recoil?
For me, I like the Gen 4 with no back strap, it's the perfect fit for my hand. That is the main reason. The second is the larger magazine release, don't have to change my grip. Those are the main reasons, the grip texture I do like but not a deal breaker. I didn't see a difference in recoil between the two. The finger grooves don't bother me at all so not a factor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.