Glock 19

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Rev, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Rev

Rev New Member

Just pick up a new g19 gen 3. Shot 100 rounds and out of that 2 got stuck in chamber? Any info on this!

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

What you're saying is that you had an FTE...Failure to Extract...where the empty case has not extracted and is still in the chamber with the next round nosed up under it ?!

This can sometimes be caused by limp wristing the firearm...where the gun was not held firmly enough to allow the recoil of the slide do its job and extract the fired case and allow the next round to be chambered.

3. Rev

Rev New Member

Amen to that. 2 of them did not chamber

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

You mean two live rounds failed to feed? What ammo were you shooting?

It could be an out-of-spec extractor, it's surprisingly common with recent production Glocks.

5. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I've had two fail to loads on my new Gen4, both were user error. First one I had my thumb in the wrong spot and the slide bounced off of it. The second one a friend of mine had never shot before so she limp wristed it. I'm using the cheap federal ammo for range fire and it still loads great. Call Glock and they can help, their phone service is fast as hell.

6. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

I've never had a jam / stove pipe/ fte on my 19 but I have had shells hit me n the face due to the way I was holdn the gun

7. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Mine is a gen 3 by the way