glock 19 with safety switch

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by nfaresta, Feb 28, 2012.

1. nfaresta

nfaresta New Member

hello.
    my name is Nuno and im a Portuguese police oficr from GNR.about 1 year ago we received glock19 but they have a special feature thet i think is unique.
    it has a safety switch as teh photos show.
    is there any more contrys with this version?do you glock users/fans new about this?

weapon on safe
    [​IMG]

weapon on fire
    [​IMG]

safety switch system,blocking triguer
    [​IMG]

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Hey Nuno,

Very interesting, I have never seen that before.

3. nfaresta

nfaresta New Member

its funy because a few days ago i see a Travis haley video were he says that glocks don´t have safety switch and only then i realise that we have (i think) the only version in the world with that.is here in this foru any oficial glock employe or resaler???is this a portuguese "special" feature ?

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I think you might be right...I'm curious to learn more about it.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum nfaresta !!

That is a unique feature...probably a special order from your country's govt to Glock.

Thanks for providing the pictures too...

6. nfaresta

nfaresta New Member

the switch is always on fire mode.you can only put on safe after puling the slide back with or without amunition.

i think it was a specific requirement that all weapons should have when the trials for the police weapon started...

7. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

As a matter of fact there is a glock employee on this forum. Maybe he will have some insight.

8. Not sure if this is real or not....looks kind of factory.

[​IMG]

9. Hmm, maybe it is real......

[​IMG]

10. trapshootr

trapshootr New Member

I seem to recall an aftermarket safety that could be retrofitted to a Glock...
    I quickly dismissed it as silly with the SafeAction trigger and all...can't remember where I saw that thing.

11. I already posted a link in this thread to the most common one, then there's this hunk of garbage.......

http://www.siderlock.com/

12. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

Safety switches just cause firearms not to fire when you really want/need them to fire.... That's why I like my sig and glock no safety no problems... I have a stainless Browning bt99 trap gun and someone asked where is the safety and I said it's a trap gun when it's open it's on safe. Who the hell wants to flip a switch every time you call "pull".

13. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN New Member

Interesting I was alway taught my finger was my safety.

14. yup, seen this before on wikipedia, some countries require specialized firearms, safeties especially....