Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.
my name is Nuno and im a Portuguese police oficr from GNR.about 1 year ago we received glock19 but they have a special feature thet i think is unique.
it has a safety switch as teh photos show.
is there any more contrys with this version?do you glock users/fans new about this?

weapon on safe

weapon on fire

safety switch system,blocking triguer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its funy because a few days ago i see a Travis haley video were he says that glocks don´t have safety switch and only then i realise that we have (i think) the only version in the world with that.is here in this foru any oficial glock employe or resaler???is this a portuguese "special" feature ?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
nfaresta said:
its funy because a few days ago i see a Travis haley video were he says that glocks don´t have safety switch and only then i realise that we have (i think) the only version in the world with that.is here in this foru any oficial glock employe or resaler???is this a portuguese "special" feature ?
I think you might be right...I'm curious to learn more about it.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum nfaresta !!

That is a unique feature...probably a special order from your country's govt to Glock.

Thanks for providing the pictures too...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you might be right...I'm curious to learn more about it.
the switch is always on fire mode.you can only put on safe after puling the slide back with or without amunition.

i think it was a specific requirement that all weapons should have when the trials for the police weapon started...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I seem to recall an aftermarket safety that could be retrofitted to a Glock...
I quickly dismissed it as silly with the SafeAction trigger and all...can't remember where I saw that thing.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Safety switches just cause firearms not to fire when you really want/need them to fire.... That's why I like my sig and glock no safety no problems... I have a stainless Browning bt99 trap gun and someone asked where is the safety and I said it's a trap gun when it's open it's on safe. Who the hell wants to flip a switch every time you call "pull".

·
Banned
767 Posts
yup, seen this before on wikipedia, some countries require specialized firearms, safeties especially....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts