Glock 19: stay with plastic or go with steel?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by jrs1006, Jun 11, 2012.

1. jrs1006

jrs1006 New Member

Recently bought my first gun. Stock G19. I was thinking about putting steel sights on it, but I'm not sure it's needed. I was also thinking about night sights, but I don't know that they are necessary.

What are your thoughts? Steel sights better than the stock plastic ones? Night sights really worth it?

John

2. Robert

Robert New Member

Take a look at XS sights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQVCeJ103BQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

3. Tape

Tape New Member

I replaced mine with steel Hi-Vis, you cannot tell the difference between plastic to steel

4. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

5. Robert

Robert New Member

You'll find that your no longer lining up sights, it feels like your instantly on target.

6. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

looks so simple and "right on" :cool:

7. I got trijicon HD night sights on my G21 and love them. They are metal and the way the rear sight is design if one of you arms go out of commission in a fire fight, you can use the rear sight on a edge of a surface so you can rack the slide one handed.

DSCF0001.jpg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  8. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Have you posted a link for those somewhere? I want!

9. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Or like we were trained, with either the heel of your shoe of the belt you are wearing.

10. Awesome! Thanks for the info!

11. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

All I can recommend is practice this....like your life depended on it, because it will!