Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gizes I just got my handgun safety card and know I'm one step closer to buying a glock iv Ben waiting so long to buying a g19. But when I was at the dealer the man on the other side of the glass counter, shows me the glock 23 the same size as the g19 but with 40 s&w. Rounds. Now I under stand the different between the two but iv haven't ben given the joy of shooting the 23 from the experience of other glock lovers, witch is best.

Thanks for the help.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have owned both guns and loved each. The 19 is fun to shoot and ammo is a bit cheaper. The 24 gives you the power and for a compact gun that holds 14 rds you can't go wrong (13-1). However it depends what your main purpose for the weapon is, if it's just to shoot and enjoy I'd go with the 19. But for a carry gun, defense and firepower the 23 is superior. Hope I gave you some insight!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info I'm a big noob at this but that's what I was mostly looking for in a conceal carry but then again I love to shoot haha. Well I paint ball every weekend so I'll be cutting back on that then haha.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the 19 and love it. I don't feel underpowered at all , loaded with 124grain +p ammo JHP. My best advice to you is go to a gun range and try both of them out and see what you like and shoot best. I went with the 19 because I shot it better( more time on target and quicker follow up shots.).

·
Registered
18 Posts
True the 19 is a versatile weapon, if you really want to get compact for a carry gun the 26 and 27 are great. They are the little brothers of the 19 and 23 in a sub compact package. Less mag capacity but much easier and comfortable to conceal.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nateparker1 said:
True the 19 is a versatile weapon, if you really want to get compact for a carry gun the 26 and 27 are great. They are the little brothers of the 19 and 23 in a sub compact package. Less mag capacity but much easier and comfortable to conceal.
Yeah both of the baby glocks are sweet. Same ammo as their bigger brothers and will accept the mags from them as well. I liked the 26/27 for ankle carry as well. Another option for CCW.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Whatever model you decide to go with ( 19 or 23 ) and this also goes for any caliber, make sure you practice, practice, practice. If you can't hit what you are shooting at the size of the caliber won't help you in your defense. Also being a CCW carrier know your firearm and how it functions and capabilities. Hopefully you will never have to draw it in defense of your life or someone else's but if it comes down to it make sure you are proficient with firing it and it's ins and outs. Sorry for preaching just trying to help.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
How do you guys that carry .40 deal with the penetration value of it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had some upgrades put on my G19 by a glock gunsmith and my son and I had purchased a G22 .40 cal the guy says to my son the 9mm and the .40cal are so close in knockdown that he couldn't justify the cost difference in ammo! So my opinion is stay with the G19 and good hollow point ammo for C/C and at the range you can shoot anything you want for target the G19 gobbles up what ever you throw in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info gize just like to say that iv bought my first gun and my first glock today I went with the glock 19.

--- dam background checks!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
ampspeak02 said:
Thanks for the info gize just like to say that iv bought my first gun and my first glock today I went with the glock 19.

--- dam background checks!!
Congrats, you will love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had both and have been leaning towards a 19 but with the issues I'm hearing about the Gen 4 I've been leaning towards the 23.

·
Dj Studter
244 Posts
Congrats to u Ampspeak02 and Flightmedic76. Hope you both enjoy ur new guns and never have to use them for self defense.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I recently acquired the 36 for CC. I am adding Talon grips and +Zero grip extension to better suit my large hands. The most comfortable Glock out of the box (for me) is the Glock 19 RTF2. I assume the Gen4 feels similar (as would their .40 S&W counter parts). The baby Glocks look pretty cool and concealable, but the grips are too short for my hands. Like the other guys stated: What really matters is what's right (and comfortable) for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts