Glock Forum banner

Glock 19 or Glock 23?

4K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  iRockGlock 
#1 ·
This link is to a review about the glock 23

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFDhj-Tdq50[/ame]

This link is a review for a glock 19.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02v7Nk5bVL8&feature=mfu_channel&list=UL[/ame]

Which is better in your opinion

#4 ·
I have a glock 19, I have shot many of other firearms, and needless to say I love my glock, everything about it. Sometimes I clean without even shooting it. I also carry so it gets a little dirty that way. My next firearm purchase will probably be a shotgun. Not sure but I want something for hunting and can still have fun a range. Any suggestions? Also I have a little money, but not a whole to spend on the gun

#9 ·
The 40sw extractor works good with 9mm rounds :confused:
It can. In any event this combination is often good enough for range work; but, deemed unreliable by many experienced users for self-defense.

(Me, personally? I wouldn't do it. If the barrel gets changed then so does the: extractor, SLB, magazine follower, and - nowadays - probably the ejector, too.) ;)

#10 ·
Wasn't this discussed in another thread?
I think that it is personal preference. I shoot IDPA with a G19 and do pretty well. That is the same model that I use for EDC. The .40 doesn't have that great of power advantage with the proper ammo selection. I also have several other makes of pistol in 9mm, so the 17/19/26 combo works well for me.

#12 ·
Glock 23

i like the glock 23 because it fits my hand really well. It sits just right in my hand, when i draw it, that i know i will have a solid grip when i need to use it. I also like the .40caliber cartridge more than i like any of the other calibers. 9mm and .45 are great, but i shoot .40 really well and thats why i chose to get the .40 caliber over any of the other calibers.

#14 ·
Hey guys....new guy here.....im having the same problem. Ive never owned a glock before but I figured im going to try one.
Im stuck between the 19 and the 23. The 9 is cheaper, but Im thinking I would like the 40 better.well....thanks for having me on the forum,
And long time commitment here is to come! Brandon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.