Glock 19 or Glock 23?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by GunsandAccessories, Feb 9, 2012.

1. This link is to a review about the glock 23

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFDhj-Tdq50[/ame]

This link is a review for a glock 19.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02v7Nk5bVL8&feature=mfu_channel&list=UL[/ame]

Which is better in your opinion

2. Mbrumittjr

Mbrumittjr New Member

I have a glock 19, I have shot many of other firearms, and needless to say I love my glock, everything about it. Sometimes I clean without even shooting it. I also carry so it gets a little dirty that way. My next firearm purchase will probably be a shotgun. Not sure but I want something for hunting and can still have fun a range. Any suggestions? Also I have a little money, but not a whole to spend on the gun

3. chris

chris New Member

I don't have to choose I bought both. They shoot same but the 19 is cheaper. They are both great guns.

4. azpacfan

azpacfan New Member

Try a 23 for pp and think of a conversion barrel to 9mm and get some 9mm mags. Best of both worlds!!

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

The 40sw extractor works good with 9mm rounds :confused:

6. glockguy

glockguy New Member

Yep all day long. I wouldn't use it for carry but for range use it works just fine. I have shot over 10,000 rounds of 9mm without the first hiccup. you can also just buy a G32 barrel and use your .40 mags and shoot .357sig ammo.. I love my G23 its a good all a round handgun.. :D

7. Pistolero

Pistolero New Member

It can. In any event this combination is often good enough for range work; but, deemed unreliable by many experienced users for self-defense.

(Me, personally? I wouldn't do it. If the barrel gets changed then so does the: extractor, SLB, magazine follower, and - nowadays - probably the ejector, too.) ;)

8. Mjones

Mjones New Member

Wasn't this discussed in another thread?
    I think that it is personal preference. I shoot IDPA with a G19 and do pretty well. That is the same model that I use for EDC. The .40 doesn't have that great of power advantage with the proper ammo selection. I also have several other makes of pistol in 9mm, so the 17/19/26 combo works well for me.

9. poley4

poley4 New Member

I agree 100%. If you get a G19, you don't have the conversion option.

10. Glock 23

i like the glock 23 because it fits my hand really well. It sits just right in my hand, when i draw it, that i know i will have a solid grip when i need to use it. I also like the .40caliber cartridge more than i like any of the other calibers. 9mm and .45 are great, but i shoot .40 really well and thats why i chose to get the .40 caliber over any of the other calibers.

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum GunsandAccessories !!

12. gunrunner

gunrunner New Member

Hey guys....new guy here.....im having the same problem. Ive never owned a glock before but I figured im going to try one.
    Im stuck between the 19 and the 23. The 9 is cheaper, but Im thinking I would like the 40 better.well....thanks for having me on the forum,
    And long time commitment here is to come! Brandon

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum gunrunner !!

Both the models you have mentioned are great...

I would suggest you find a shop and handle ( and shoot if possible ) both to see which fits your needs better !

14. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

I got both.
    I say go with a G23, more versatile with conversion barrels.