Glock 19 high viz install QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by chizzler, Mar 16, 2012.

1. chizzler

chizzler New Member

Finally not a Glock virgin anymore. Got the19 yesterday and will shoot tonight. Should I try to install sights myself or not? Any pointers on cleaning? Never cleaned a semi hand gun.

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Chizzler, and WELCOME to the Forum.

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome! And if you have a local gun shop with a Glock armorer, let them install it if you are unfamiliar with the sights. They have the tools and the know-how. Search the forum for cleaning, there are a couple of good threads on that.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum chizzler !!

5. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

Check out Hickok 45 on YouTube. He has a killer visit on cleaning your glock.

6. chizzler

chizzler New Member

Hickok 45 is the man. I will be up late for a week watching all his vids. Thanks for the reference.

7. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Hello Chizzler and welcome to the forum!!!

8. Tape

Tape New Member

all my glocks 17,20,21,22 have the Hi-vis sight sets, it helps to have a sight pusher so you can zero in your weapon.

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Moved to the Gunsmithing sub forum...

10. Glocked

Glocked New Member

You can get a decent sight pusher on eBay for 55. The guy makes them and has good feedback. Or you can use a crew driver and hammer like a lot of guys on you tube do. I suggest a pusher.

11. Tape

Tape New Member

I paid quite a bit more then $55 for mine, I tried the hammer/punch but it is so hard to move it a hair left or right.