Glock 19 Generation 1

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dans4au, Jun 29, 2012.

1. dans4au

dans4au New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I need some help. I have a Glock 19 Gen 1 that I bought in 1992. When I first bought it, me and a group of friends would go about once a month to a range and shoot our weapons. I started playing golf not long after buying the gun and eventually stopped shooting at range altogether. I haven't fired the gun in the last 10 years (sad, I know) and would guess that less that 1000 rounds have been fired through it. I recently came across and great deal on a Glock 40 cal and bought it. I didn't need two gun sitting in the house and decided to sell the Glock 19. I have no idea what to ask for this gun, so I call around to some local dealers. One dealer asked what letters the serial number started with, and I told him KG***. He told me the gun was a Generation 1 version, which meant absolutely nothing to me. The has little of no wear. The gun came with two regular clips and one Plus 2 clip and also has tritium (sp?) night sights. I have the original Glock case and the owner's manual.

My long winded question is. What is this gun worth? Is it colllectable? Thanks in advance. I can post PICs if that would help.

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Post a pic and the first three of the SN so it can be checked. If it is in fact a Gen 1 I would not sell it.

3. dans4au

dans4au New Member

The first three are KG2**. I called Glock in GA and they confirmed it is a Gen 1. Post PICs in a few.

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Definitely post pics.

5. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Don't sell a Gen 1! Keep it! And theyre magazines not, clips. Clips are for your hair.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  6. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Keep it. Give it to your kids/grand kids

7. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum. I would definitely hang on to that if I were you. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

8. henerey

henerey New Member

I would keep it and if not try to sell it here you might get a better price on it I would love a gen 1 just can't afford you atm

9. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

I'd never sell any of my guns. Ima pass em down to my family as the years go by

10. laober

laober Member

DON'T SELL IT! Unless its to me of course ;) just kidding
    Give it to your family, it's a piece of history.

11. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Don't sell it:
    1) it's a nice piece for any collection. I have never held one before.
    2) you can never have too many guns. In fact if you know how many guns you have, you need more! Lol

Hold on to it, pass it down. It's a great long lasting firearm that will serve your family for generations.

12. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

Keep it. Or give it to me

13. stak

stak New Member

Hmm, on a Glock website in the Glock forum, you should expect to get the responses you are getting. I would add that you already said you didn't need two guns and you haven't shot it in a decade. It doesn't seem to hold any sentimental value to you, so why not sell it? Use the money for ammo or take a vacation.

Just as you, the owner for the last 20 years, had no value in it being a Gen1 most people in the world wouldn't care either and therefore wouldn't assign any additional value to it. In fact most would probably subtract value due to it being older and a first generation. Most people feel first anythings are where you get the problems out.

EDIT: For some reason I read 17 and not 19 when I first posted. If this were truly a Gen1 G-19 it would be worth a ton as there were very, very few made and fewer imported to the US. For those reading this for the first time well past the many, many pages written on this you can read my original (not valid for 19, but for 17) quote below.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  14. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

This is a pretty honest answer. I personally would keep it, because the Gen1 19s are fairly rare and not very easy to find. I would say if you want to sell it, you could get close to new prices for it. I would guess that it would sell easily at 400-500 range.

Please post pics, just so we can see it before you sell it! ;)

15. dans4au

dans4au New Member

Trying to post PICs, but the website must be having problems. Will post them as soon as things return to normal.

16. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

I would think you could get $600 for it. I would pay that much for it.

17. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

IMO i wouldnt sell a gen 1 glock, id keep it.

18. dans4au

dans4au New Member

Is anyone else getting a lot of red x's like the images aren't loading?

19. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I don't see any red x's or pictures. If your using the iPhone app, just upload through the app from your phone. If your doing it from a computer, upload to photobucket or something and copy/paste the image tag in your post.

20. Tape

Tape New Member

post PICs , they didnt make many gen 1 19's and most if not all went to the Austria Army and They were not available to the public.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012