Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order for a Glock 19/Gen 4 about a month and a half ago from a local gunshop. How long does it usually take for a firearm to come in??? This will be my first firearm, so I'm a bit excited about it, but I dont think the wait should be that long. Any ideas?? Should I order it online?? Any suggestions??

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
472 Posts
My local le dealer just informed me that he has 500 different glocks on order.... glock has informed him they are 450,000 behind! I don't know how try this is but a few other shops around are also having problems with order times as well.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
It all depends on where you order from. www.gtdist.com is one of the largest Glock dealers in the country and has a ready stock. I get mine from them in 2 days. However, I ordered a blue label Gen4 17 on January 11th from a local dealer and I still haven't received it yet.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
It all depends on where you order from. www.gtdist.com is one of the largest Glock dealers in the country and has a ready stock. I get mine from them in 2 days.
I am VERY fortunate to have one of the three GT Distributors in my area. They told me they don't expect any 19's until June. They have not had any Gen4 19's on hand in weeks......or I would have had another one by now.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I am VERY fortunate to have one of the three GT Distributors in my area. They told me they don't expect any 19's until June. They have not had any Gen4 19's on hand in weeks......or I would have had another one by now.
Good to know.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I know they can get them from any of their locations. I had my G34 shipped to me from the GA location but my last G17 came from the Austin location.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Interesting. Sometimes, depending on who I talk to in person at the GA location I have to wonder if I'm being told fact or not. What I do know to be fact is every time I've been in there the last few weeks.....no Gen4 19's on hand.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I always call and talk to Dory. She's pretty cool.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I have to admit, I hate having to 'order' a firearm. They do take forever. Finding one in stock seems to be worse though.

I ordered my FDE Gen 4 19, and I have NO idea when I will get it. :(

·
Registered
534 Posts
Is it just the 19? I ordered a gen 4 21 last Thursday. They said 4 days and there were 29 of them in stock.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I guess I was fortunate. I walked into my local gun store & bought their last G19 - Gen 4 in late February. I've heard many people are having a difficult time now. I paid $549 & like it so much (my first handgun) that I wouldn't sell it for $1,000 right now! Maybe that's crazy, but i enjoy my weekly range day too much. Feel like a kid again. I'd thought about a Springfield Armory, but I'm glad I went Glock.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was recently looking for one as well things looked bleak but i called a store i dont usually use and they had one i ran down and grabbed it I think I got the last one in the state for sale seriously I called everywhere good luck bro what I'm getting at is try to snag a gen 3 to be honest id trade mine for a gen 3 19 there becoming hard to find as well it would have to be new though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts