Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Do you mind letting us know why you are racking so slowly?

The extractor only "extracts" the round and doesn't do anything for feeding. So i'm going to surmise that it has nothing to do with the extractor.

Does it do it with all types of ammo?
What happens when you fire? Do you have FTF's then?

If it's only doing it with this ammo and not doing it when you fire, then it's nothing to worry about.
Rack the slide without "riding" the slide and you have nothing to worry about.

D

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Well the bottom of the bullet does not seem to want to slide up into extractor. I was just testing the new RSA when it happend the first time.

I mean with my other two pistols it does not do this at all. I have tried it with different types of ammo. Still does the same thing. No ftf yet.
I wouldn't be too concerned about it if nothing is happening as your fire.

If this is a newer barrel, the other thing is the feed ramp may be a bit rough and you riding the slide is not allowing the slide to build up enough velocity to pick up the round and put it into the chamber correctly.

Your other two glocks, if they are older, are more likely to be "Broken" in with smoother/better worn feed ramps that allow the rounds to slide up even if you're riding the slide.

Unless you're trying to be super stealth when you're racking a round, there's no reason to ride the slide. Let the spring do what it was designed to do and return the slide at full force.

Riding the slide isn't an adequate test of the RSA. Firing it is. Plus, you got a new one, you shouldn't have issues with it anyway.

D

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Gotcha.

Shoot it a bunch and see if it does it at "full speed". After its broken in it should just seat those rounds.

D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts