Glock Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! I still remember the day I held my first glock for the first time ahhhhh hope to do it all over again very soon with a new 23

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hell yeah I love my G19 it's my EDC put some MAGPUL on the mags works good when gettin them out of mag pockets on tac pants and has placement for finger if you need that. Thinking bout gettin a lasermax guide rod laser for but not sure yet...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As of now the only think I'm thinking about doing to mine is adding the extended slide release. A lot of people love it, but others say it get in the way and bend/warps easily.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
smithm60 said:
As of now the only think I'm thinking about doing to mine is adding the extended slide release. A lot of people love it, but others say it get in the way and bend/warps easily.
I haven't tried the extended slide release yet but I did go with a extended mag release and love it.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
smithm60 said:
Any issues with dropping the mag when taking it out if the holster?
I live in Cali and can't carry so I am not sure sorry

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well since the extended mad release sticks out further it's easier to accidentally hit it causing the mag to drop or release just enough for the cycling to not work properly

·
Just trying to stay warm
925 Posts
I love my G19. EDC and love it. I have the ext. slide release and I haven't had any probs with it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
smithm60 said:
well since the extended mad release sticks out further it's easier to accidentally hit it causing the mag to drop or release just enough for the cycling to not work properly
I've never had a problem with it. Could it be because of the holster you are running? I would just say train, train, train until it doesn't happen anymore.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I personally don't have a holster because I live in new jersey where it is impossible to get a carry permit unless your a police officer. I only say that because that's what I hear from some people that the extended mag release can cause that effect. I could imagine it happened when the SHTF scenario happens

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
smithm60 said:
I personally don't have a holster because I live in new jersey where it is impossible to get a carry permit unless your a police officer. I only say that because that's what I hear from some people that the extended mag release can cause that effect. I could imagine it happened when the SHTF scenario happens
I've never heard that. If people are dropping the mag while holstering or unholstering than its a training issue and that person doesn't know how to handle their firearm. I say you should get a holster though. Whether or not you can carry concealed you should train with one incase the scenario ever comes up.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
smithm60 said:
Will do on the holster. Any ideas on what to get for a gen 3 glock 19 holster wise?
It's whatever is comfortable for you. I personally run Blackhawk Serpa CQC holsters on all my pistols.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts