Glock 19 gen3

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by smithm60, Apr 7, 2012.

1. smithm60

smithm60 New Member

My first GLOCK 19 Gen3, so dreamy

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum smithm60 !!

...nice photo !

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Welcome to the forum!!! I still remember the day I held my first glock for the first time ahhhhh hope to do it all over again very soon with a new 23

4. KILO85

KILO85 New Member

Hell yeah I love my G19 it's my EDC put some MAGPUL on the mags works good when gettin them out of mag pockets on tac pants and has placement for finger if you need that. Thinking bout gettin a lasermax guide rod laser for but not sure yet...

Attached Files:

5. smithm60

smithm60 New Member

As of now the only think I'm thinking about doing to mine is adding the extended slide release. A lot of people love it, but others say it get in the way and bend/warps easily.

6. glocknloaded

I haven't tried the extended slide release yet but I did go with a extended mag release and love it.

7. smithm60

smithm60 New Member

Any issues with dropping the mag when taking it out if the holster?

8. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

Welcome to the forum! The G-19 gen3 was my first of many..

Attached Files:

9. glocknloaded

I live in Cali and can't carry so I am not sure sorry

10. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

What do you mean? Does the mag drop when you unholster? It shouldn't do that.

11. smithm60

smithm60 New Member

well since the extended mad release sticks out further it's easier to accidentally hit it causing the mag to drop or release just enough for the cycling to not work properly

12. neem19

neem19 Just trying to stay warm

I love my G19. EDC and love it. I have the ext. slide release and I haven't had any probs with it.

13. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

I've never had a problem with it. Could it be because of the holster you are running? I would just say train, train, train until it doesn't happen anymore.

14. smithm60

smithm60 New Member

I personally don't have a holster because I live in new jersey where it is impossible to get a carry permit unless your a police officer. I only say that because that's what I hear from some people that the extended mag release can cause that effect. I could imagine it happened when the SHTF scenario happens

15. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

I've never heard that. If people are dropping the mag while holstering or unholstering than its a training issue and that person doesn't know how to handle their firearm. I say you should get a holster though. Whether or not you can carry concealed you should train with one incase the scenario ever comes up.

16. smithm60

smithm60 New Member

Will do on the holster. Any ideas on what to get for a gen 3 glock 19 holster wise?

17. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

It's whatever is comfortable for you. I personally run Blackhawk Serpa CQC holsters on all my pistols.

18. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

I went with the Crossbreed for my G19. I also lived in NJ for most of my life btw...

Attached Files: