Glock 19 Gen 4?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by brutusvk, Jul 3, 2012.

1. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Well, my wife went shooting for the first time since she hurt her hand. She has been doing physical therapy for a month now and she may not get back to 100%. She is fine with shooting her Gen 3 G23 but she figures after a few thousand rounds her hand would really hurt. (like in a week long firearms class) So, we are thinking of buying her a 19 gen 4 and making her G23 her off duty carry gun. Does the new grip help those with small hands? Does the new recoil spring set up help with recoil? Is is worth getting? We were trying to rent one but no one in town has one. Any input would be appreciated.

2. bfish

bfish Member

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your wife... The smaller grip isn't much smaller but I do think it is much nicer and the recoil spring is different however I think the main difference here is the change from .40 to 9 that will be the real help. You are on the right track with wanting to rent or shoot one first though... Hopefully after a thousand rounds that does make a difference as that is a lot of shooting! Good luck and hey another glock is always nice but I wish you the best

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I have Glocks in both gen 3 and gen 4 and can honestly say I like the gen 4 grip better. It's only a little smaller but it fits my hand better.

4. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I have a gen 3 G23 and a gen 4 G35 and I can tell the difference in recoil. I do t know if it is the recoil spring or the fact that the G23 is shorter And has more muzzle flip or maybe a combination. Of the 2 but the recoil is lighter in the 35. For a duty/ carry weapon I would go gen 4.

I don't like the feel of polymer when in shooting tho do both the Gen 3 and gen 4 have talon grips on them

5. Have to agree, I've got 2 Gen 3, a G17 and G19 and a Gen 4 G19 and the grip on the Gen is slightly better in fitment. I think 2mm was shaved off the grip.

6. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I appreciate all of the input. Keep it comin.

(I knew I shouldn't have said I wasn't going to buy anymore Glocks last week.)

7. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Thanks for the info (and the info on the "range report") We ordered my wife her Gen 4 G19. After this, NO MORE GLOCKS. lol But I may get the Timberwolf frame for my G31. :)

8. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

The G19 is an amazing carry weapon. The Gen4 is nice with the smaller frame and the dual recoil spring. I've found most of my friends with smaller hands love the G19 grip.