glock 19 gen 4 problems?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by LONEWOLF, Apr 7, 2012.

1. LONEWOLF

LONEWOLF New Member

I recently bought a gen 4 G 19 it works well except the slide dosnt always stay back on the last round is this a mag problem or what I guess i should have bought a gen 3

2. cvitter

cvitter New Member

Generally that is caused by a weak magazine spring or damaged follower. Does this happen with all magazines or one in particular? I have 4000+ rounds in my Gen 4 19 and this has never happened to me

3. glock19o12

glock19o12 New Member

I have a gen 4 also and I haven't had this problem, like the other person said maybe a mag weakness. Is it just one mag or others..

4. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

Have only had my G19 Gen4 for six weeks, but have had no problems of any type. Still breaking it in when I can get to the range.

5. g21redman

g21redman just wants to watch the world burn.

did you detail strip it? if your slide catch spring isn't under the top pin it wont spring up to catch slide. I've done that on accident before.

6. packnglock

packnglock One in the chamber

Check to make sure the little ear on the lever isn't bent up

7. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

It's possible that part of your grip is holding the slide stop against the frame, preventing it from moving up and locking into the slide to lock the slide back. I did it with my G27 and didn't even realize it, I changed my grip and the slide locks back every time.

8. Are you suggesting operator error? How dare you. That never happens.....:rolleyes:

lol :D