Glock Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I tried to put back my receiver(slide and barrel unit) when the magazine was still in the gun(empty of course) and now the gun is almost in the normal position but can only move an 1/4" at most. If I take the 3 pins out from the bottom of the Pistol(the one behind the handle, the other 2 near the slide pull-down lever) will I be able to lift the receiver up so I can fix what ever the problem is causing this to happen? I have a Glock 19 gen 3.

Thank you

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
See if this might solve your problem: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8mnnI_gBM4[/ame]

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I would definitely need a more detailed description of your problem. You can only move a little, which way? Did you forget to put all the parts back in? The informaton you gave is not really enough to help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to get to the gun to give you a more accurate description. What I can say is that I never took it apart more than a simple breakdown of just removing the spring(maintaining the assembly) and taking out the barrel.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I will have to get to the gun to give you a more accurate description. What I can say is that I never took it apart more than a simple breakdown of just removing the spring(maintaining the assembly) and taking out the barrel.
Ok just when you can provide information then hopefully I will be able to help. If not, someone else with more knowledge than me will.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Sounds like the recoil spring caught on the guide rod. I had this happen before. Carefully look to see if your spring is wrapped over the front of your guide rod.

·
18,120 Posts
Check first, to see if that is the problem because the next steps could cause damage to your guide rod and recoil spring. I must forewarn you. You could get out clean though (I did).

Since you cannot move the slide, and you cannot dismantle the gun, then you need leverage to move the slide to get it to a position where you can dismantle it.

You have to use the edge of a wooden table, press the slide (but not the barrel, and be careful not to block the guide rod hole) against it to push it back enough for you to pull on the slide removal catch, and proceed to dismantle the gun again. Then you can reassemble your gun if the spring and guide rod were not damaged in this process. My guide rod is metal, so it was not damaged and the spring was not bent to an ackward shape.

**Disclaimer, I am not a Glock Armorer, I just had this happen before and that is what I did at the range.**

If you are unsure if the recoil spring is caught on the guide rod incorrectly, post pictures here before you try the above method. You risk damaging your gun due to the added pressure you are putting on it.

BTW, to answer your first posts, pulling the pins on the lower half of the gun will not allow you to remove the slide. Sorry.

·
18,120 Posts

·
18,120 Posts
minervabio said:
oh, if that is the problem, what would I do(recoil spring and guide rod)?
This is what it will look like if you get the recoil spring stuck.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know how to send pictures. I thought I could just copy and paste to this website. What I can tell you is that the slide is about 3/8's of an inch forward and from there I can only move it back towards me about 1/16th of an inch.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I don't know how to send pictures. I thought I could just copy and paste to this website. What I can tell you is that the slide is about 3/8's of an inch forward and from there I can only move it back towards me about 1/16th of an inch.
Can you remove the slide?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts