Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I, too, was experiencing ejection issues with target load ammo. I have a recently born Gen 3 with 1000 rounds through it (TTL***). Consistently, with Federal 115 grain FMJ, I was getting 1-2 BTFs every 10 rounds or so. So, with the information found here, I replaced my ejector. I found my extractor to be the non dip type (which seemed to have have less reports of issues). So I replaced my 336 ejector with a 30274. I ordered the Gen 4 trigger housing from Lone Wolf Distributors and swapped out the ejector from it. (The Gen 4 trigger housing is not compatible with the Gen 3) Today, I took it for a 100 rounds of test fire and received not 1 BTF. In fact, the ejection was the most consistent I have seen it. Obviously, many more rounds will be necessary to call the problem completely solved, but I thought I would share my findings for any of the rest of you folks dealing with this. I will say that while I was previously getting BTFs I never had a complete FTE. Good luck to all establishing your Glock's perfection! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: So today demonstrated a couple hundred more rounds of Glock perfection. I had the chance to watch my wife fire it along with a full size M&P and the glock ejection was more consistent and brought placed. Neither one of us took a single BTF! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea. Just how it came when I purchased it. The other ttl prefix gun I've seen listed reported the same, a non-dip extractor.

·
562 Posts
What is the 'dip' , 'non-dip' extractor? New to this-have a gen 3 19 w/336 & did have a few BTF's..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TM23: By your response, you are insinuating that I'm either ignorant and unable to identify the part or I'm lying. I'm neither. Choose to believe it or not; I was simply trying to share potentially helpful information with others.

·
Registered
51 Posts
me_etc said:
TM23: By your response, you are insinuating that I'm either ignorant and unable to identify the part or I'm lying. I'm neither. Choose to believe it or not; I was simply trying to share potentially helpful information with others.
There is no need to get upset. I don't believe anyone is calling you a liar or ignorant, but will like to make sure you're talking about the same part. I don't consider myself an ignorant, but there are more thongs I don't know than the things I know. Being this one of them. As a matter of fact, I don't know what an ejector is, as what I understand this topic is about is the extractor. Posting a picture, will help many of us understand what is being said.

·
290 Posts
You can see the top extractor dipps down to the LCI
and on the bottom pic it's even left to right.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Extractor......another $12 part thats easily had if one thinks thats their issue. One of mine that's "dipped"(oh no) is cerakoted and still works flawless.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Extractor......another $12 part thats easily had if one thinks thats their issue. One of mine that's "dipped"(oh no) is cerakoted and still works flawless.

Back on subject, I am still curious about the OP's gun. Thats odd with that new of a gun there are non-dip extractors on them. It's to my understanding that on the newer gen4 9mm that the problem causing BTF is either the 336 ejector or the dipped extractor. I would imagine that if you replaced the 336 ejector and had the correct extractor you would have flawless performance, much like you are seeing.

Again, like I said, I am just curious as were others..:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would still like to see pics. As I don't think glock has sent any newer pistols with the non dip extractor simply because of the new angle degree of the slides.
I have a gen4 g34 that has erratic and weak ejection. It has the non dip extractor, same as in my older gen3 glock 19. My gen4 26 has a dip extractor, which doesn't have any problems, but my nondip gen4 g34 does

·
290 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rkw is my prefix should I have dip or non dip. I looked at the pictures shown but, if mine is diped its only around 1/32". It's not much but looking at it side ways I can see what could be a dip?

Also what's the reason for one or the other. I've only got around 1,500 rounds but all have been perfect. My son in law should have around 2,500 threw his, ours have the same born on date and he too has never had anything but perfect ejection.

Just wanting to learn more about my gun and the why's.

·
Banned
114 Posts

·
290 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rkw is my prefix should I have dip or non dip. I looked at the pictures shown but, if mine is diped its only around 1/32". It's not much but looking at it side ways I can see what could be a dip?

Also what's the reason for one or the other. I've only got around 1,500 rounds but all have been perfect. My son in law should have around 2,500 threw his, ours have the same born on date and he too has never had anything but perfect ejection.

Just wanting to learn more about my gun and the why's.
No answers?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts