Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
any 9mm will do
Well yea, in general Glock will digest it all but I would try to stay away from steel cartridges if possible. Much of the old stuff is covered in a thin layer of lacquer and it can cause feeding/jamming issues after several hundred rounds. Just overall dirty ammo (leaves a lot of residue in the pistol).

·
Registered
92 Posts
HT as in high temperature? I've never shot any incendiary rounds...though it looks like it would be fun. I've seen some online, but they don't get the best of reviews.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Try and use anything but Tula ammo and if possible shoot 124 grain or 147 grain. The new spring in our gen 4s tend to not eject the lighter ammo. But if your like me and see the cheap ammo at Walmart your going to get it. I just ran 100 round of crappy steel cased Tula last night with 0 problems. But that's just me.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Any 9x19mm ammo you can find!! It'll shoot anything. Even the cheapest ammo you can find (except lead reloads).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, do you know if hornady tactical ammo is for public use? Kinda a silly q& a I guess. Think that's my next buy if it's available.. Thanks

·
289 Posts
Lot's of great ammo out there, my favorite SD round for my G19 gen 3 is the federal HST 147 standard pressure. Can't go wrong there, but again, any high quality ammo will do i.e. Speer, Winchester, Federal, Corbon, etc.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
For range ammo I've been using Aguila. Amazingly clean and accurate. Get them cheap from sgammo.com. For SD I use Hornady Critical D or Z-max which ever is cheaper at the time (same ammo just different colored tip, its a marketing thing). Been debating switching up to a heavy more penetrating round but for now I love Hornady. Might just be a knee jerk reaction living in Aurora and all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.