Glock 19 g4 ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by glocker19, Jul 27, 2012.

1. glocker19

glocker19 New Member

HT is the best ammo to shoot in my glock19 g4 9mm?

2. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Well it's a 9mm handgun, so to my knowledge, Yes, 9mm is what you should shoot. :p

3. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

any 9mm will do

4. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Well yea, in general Glock will digest it all but I would try to stay away from steel cartridges if possible. Much of the old stuff is covered in a thin layer of lacquer and it can cause feeding/jamming issues after several hundred rounds. Just overall dirty ammo (leaves a lot of residue in the pistol).

5. portercc

portercc New Member

HT as in high temperature? I've never shot any incendiary rounds...though it looks like it would be fun. I've seen some online, but they don't get the best of reviews.

6. spencer17

spencer17 New Member

Try and use anything but Tula ammo and if possible shoot 124 grain or 147 grain. The new spring in our gen 4s tend to not eject the lighter ammo. But if your like me and see the cheap ammo at Walmart your going to get it. I just ran 100 round of crappy steel cased Tula last night with 0 problems. But that's just me.

7. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Any 9x19mm ammo you can find!! It'll shoot anything. Even the cheapest ammo you can find (except lead reloads).

8. portercc

portercc New Member

Don't buy steel if you are using an indoor range. Many collect the brass and don not allow steel.

9. For range use, cheapest you can find. For personal protection do your research and judge for yourself. Don't know why people say negative things against Tula steel case. I know people that has shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of it w/o issue.

Here is a great playlist of 9mm defensive ammo test for you to choose from.....
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL727CAFF8A6C0D3BF&feature=plcp

10. glocker19

glocker19 New Member

Thanks, do you know if hornady tactical ammo is for public use? Kinda a silly q& a I guess. Think that's my next buy if it's available.. Thanks

11. havik72

havik72 Senior Member

Lot's of great ammo out there, my favorite SD round for my G19 gen 3 is the federal HST 147 standard pressure. Can't go wrong there, but again, any high quality ammo will do i.e. Speer, Winchester, Federal, Corbon, etc.

12. chief203

chief203 New Member

I use Federal JHP +P+ 9BPLE... not a single issue in any of my weapons.

13. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

For range ammo I've been using Aguila. Amazingly clean and accurate. Get them cheap from sgammo.com. For SD I use Hornady Critical D or Z-max which ever is cheaper at the time (same ammo just different colored tip, its a marketing thing). Been debating switching up to a heavy more penetrating round but for now I love Hornady. Might just be a knee jerk reaction living in Aurora and all.