Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read a lot of threads on here about how the G4 has had ejecting issues and GLOCK isn't this or that anymore. My GLOCK now has had 20 rounds shot through it with brass and nickel plate casings and I say this with all honesty 100%, I haven't had 1 ejecting issue or any issue with my GLOCK!!! I haven't even cleaned it yet people!! So to anyone who may have doubts about the GLOCK 19 G4 you can put your worries to rest.. GLOCK FOREVER!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
glocker19 Glad to hear that you are happy with your Gen4. Mine is a Gen 3 G21 but when I get a G17 it'll probably be a new Gen4. I hope it works as well as yours. Good Glockin' to you.

·
Lurker
106 Posts
Great to hear! Unfortunately we do not all share your "luck". Check your ejector number. The new gen 4s should all have the 30274, some of the older gen 4s still have the 336, and all of the gen 3s, that I know of, have the 336. My gen 3 g19 that was produced this year had the old one and I got brass in every direction possible, with numerous stovepipes. I swapped my 336 with the 30274 ejector from a gen 4 housing and went through over 100 rounds today. Evey ejection was perfect. So to those glockers and future buyers, the key is:

Field strip the glock you are looking to buy and check the ejector number ;)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Have read a lot of threads on here about how the G4 has had ejecting issues and GLOCK isn't this or that anymore. My GLOCK now has had 20 rounds shot through it with brass and nickel plate casings and I say this with all honesty 100%, I haven't had 1 ejecting issue or any issue with my GLOCK!!! I haven't even cleaned it yet people!! So to anyone who may have doubts about the GLOCK 19 G4 you can put your worries to rest.. GLOCK FOREVER!!!!
So you've shot 20 whole rounds through it :confused: My Gen 4 G19 is great too but I have over 600 rounds now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a g21 gen 3 and my wife got a stovetop brass right on her chest and burned her. I want to check my ejector, where do I look and if it is a faulty ejector, what do I do?

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts
I have 1882 on my G23 gen 3. Is this one ok? I have not had any prob with it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have 1882 on my gen 3 22 ive not had any problems but the shooter 3 lanes to the right of me always gets my brass hitting them in the head it never fails though lol

·
Lurker
106 Posts
Ah, yeah the numbers I was talking about are for the 9mm. The numbers are different for the other calibers. I think the 1882 is the old ejector for the g23, the new one is 28926

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bunk22 said:
So you've shot 20 whole rounds through it :confused: My Gen 4 G19 is great too but I have over 600 rounds now.
It's a couple weeks old! , so yes only 20 or so. Can't make the range every day

·
Registered
665 Posts
It's a couple weeks old! , so yes only 20 or so. Can't make the range every day
Point is, I don't think you can make a call on how good or bad a gun is after only 20 rounds lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great info guys... Not sure what happened but I do know GLOCK will replace or choose to fix any previous issues I've been told. That alone goes a long way with me. It's hard to be perfect when you mass produce anything as I've learned working in an auto factory. As with anything, I guess you love or hate it.... Great feed back. Thanks for pic mike p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bunk22 said:
Point is, I don't think you can make a call on how good or bad a gun is after only 20 rounds lol
Really? That's odd because I don't think GLOCK even shoots that many before shipping out door.. Could be wrong. So how many rounds do you think it takes to know if a gun is worthy??? Hmm

·
Registered
665 Posts
Really? That's odd because I don't think GLOCK even shoots that many before shipping out door.. Could be wrong. So how many rounds do you think it takes to know if a gun is worthy??? Hmm
I'm going to say more than 20 lol Most Glocks I assume are reliable out the door but any gun can have issues. Do a search on the more busy sites and see when problems start with some. I've read anywhere from out the gate to 800 rounds. My guess is most never do but I wouldn't start a thread saying I've heard Gen 4's are having issues but mine is great after 20 rounds :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me be more detailed about what I meant by rounds people.. I've shot around 20 + boxes of 50 in my GLOCK. So that is 1,000 shots fired outta the GLOCK.. If that's not enough to know if a gun is worthy of purchase or to be considered junk I don't guess I'm updated on this gun thing very well. always possible I guess. I mean I've only been shooting since I was 12. Just sayin

·
Lurker
106 Posts
My glock had the old ejector and I had erratic ejection problems. But my first stovepipe wasnt until round 324, and the second was round 667. The gun always had the ejection problem but didnt always have failure to feed because of it. I swapped my ejector, and after 120 rounds today, I can 100% say that my erratic ejection is cured because I didnt get hit with a single round. But I cant say that it wont stovepipe again, because 120 rounds isnt enough to be sure

·
10,292 Posts
NateG19 said:
Ah, yeah the numbers I was talking about are for the 9mm. The numbers are different for the other calibers. I think the 1882 is the old ejector for the g23, the new one is 28926
Thanks Nate. I was not thinking about caliber. (Open Mouth, Incert Foot) lol :)

·
Lurker
106 Posts
Let me be more detailed about what I meant by rounds people.. I've shot around 20 + boxes of 50 in my GLOCK. So that is 1,000 shots fired outta the GLOCK.. If that's not enough to know if a gun is worthy of purchase or to be considered junk I don't guess I'm updated on this gun thing very well. always possible I guess. I mean I've only been shooting since I was 12. Just sayin
Well there's your problem :p 20 rounds is vastly less than 1000 rounds

·
Registered
665 Posts
Makes sense now, 1000 rounds without issue would be a good indication I think :D

·
10,292 Posts
Just a miss understanding of the word ROUND. When I hear round, I think of one bullet. But that is just me. :) All is good?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts