Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not even 500 rounds through the gun yet. 4th generation. worked fine the first say... 100 rounds.
yes. it has the newest 0-4 recoil spring.
yes. the ejector is numbered 30274.
yes i've shot a glock before
no i'm not limp wristing it.
happens with all three factory mags it came with

yesterday shooting... one two three shots fired pull the trigger for the fourth and click. hmmm a dud? rack the slide empty case flies out.
ok whatever. keep shooting.
it happens several more times and when i say several i mean like 7 times.
also a couple failure to feeds happened.

today. shooting again.
many failure to feeds. the round seems to go halfway into the barrel and stop.

compared different brands of 9mm they all seem the same size. shooting freedom munitions 9mm 115grain new manufacture fmj.
shot some 2500 rounds of their .40 reman with zero problems out of my glock 22 over the last couple months.

do you guys think maybe it's a bad batch of ammo and it's underpowered?
i can mimick the failure to feed by not pulling the slide back far enough.
did i answer my own question?

thanks glock bros

·
Rock n Roll Outlaw!
775 Posts
I would try some different ammo. I've had a few with Freedom 115g 9mm reman do this. Also every so often one will sound different than others when fired, which leads me to believe there's an issue with the charge.

For you it could be a combination of ammo and the fact that your pistol isn't broke in. With strong springs and tighter tolerance of the chamber that particular round(s) maybe to week to cycle the slide.

·
Registered
924 Posts
So far with my G19 I e had flawless firing and only had the gun for a few weeks.

For the range I use Remington FMJ 115 grain as well. Not one single feed problem or jam/ejector issue.

Being the firearm is new, it can be the ammo you're using at least until the gun is broken in a bit.

Try a box of Remington or brands that are similar and see how that works.

Also make sure you're pulling the slide back all the way and releasing but not following with your hand when doing so. Maybe you know this already but sometimes when we get frustrated we do things we don't normally do..

As for the magazines, I might even go as far as feeding and ejecting each magazine by hand a few times to kind of get that spring loosened up and see how it flows when you push each round out with your thumb. Sometimes the Glock magazines are tight.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Certainly sounds like underpowered ammo to me.
I would try different ammo before coming to any conclusions about the 19 being a problem. Most likely they are lightly charged. I shoot my own reloads, and that is what is sounds like to me.
So far with my G19 I e had flawless firing and only had the gun for a few weeks.

For the range I use Remington FMJ 115 grain as well. Not one single feed problem or jam/ejector issue.

Being the firearm is new, it can be the ammo you're using at least until the gun is broken in a bit.

Try a box of Remington or brands that are similar and see how that works.

Also make sure you're pulling the slide back all the way and releasing but not following with your hand when doing so. Maybe you know this already but sometimes when we get frustrated we do things we don't normally do..

As for the magazines, I might even go as far as feeding and ejecting each magazine by hand a few times to kind of get that spring loosened up and see how it flows when you push each round out with your thumb. Sometimes the Glock magazines are tight.

Good luck!

thanks for the replies everybody.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Try other factory ammo. Freedom is known to have issues. I know in their 9mm brass there were using the garbage "stepped" cases. Not sure if they still are but that stuff was bad news. I've had two case head separations using that junk.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For POST9, I'd be looking at a few things:
-Ammo. Ensure using brand-name, new ammo for testing. -Not reloads (I don't care if one's reloaded ammo worked in other guns; each round stands on its own.

-Ensure the EDP is installed correctly with stock parts. If a person doesn't know what an "EDP" is, he/she never should have taken apart the slide anyway.

-Use a Glock brand 15 round magazine, not a 10-round Glock mag, which has sometimes been unreliable in some folks' G19s regardless of generation. Also, ensure the mag is put together correctly with the mag spring installed correctly and "clicked" into the follower, or just ensure using a brand-new mag.

Even though Post 9's G19gen4 was bought "new", it's used now and we don't know what was done to it between Glock and it now being in Post9's author's hands. Obviously, something is wrong. Otherwise, take it to a Glock Armorer and have him/her totally detail strip the gun. Examining every part and how it was put together, to determine if there was an assembly error or broken or wrong or aftermarket part may be the only way. Perhaps have another person shoot that G19Gen4, too. I read where the Post 9 author has previous LEO experience with a G17, but not enough experience to diagnose and fix the subject G19gen4's problem(s).

Good luck and let us know what it turns out to be, letting anybody else know what was or could go wrong with other G19s out there.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
First thing is to plunk test the ammo. 2nd thing is to chrono the rounds, you can't just say it's "weak" without knowing velocity. But I would agree that FM is pretty much junk. Seen allot shooters struggle with it.

By the way, it doesn't matter which way the extractor depressor plunger faces, it will still run.

99% of all cycle failures are caused by the shooter. It's not limp wristing, it's holding the gun too low in the web of your hand. That's the only important feature about the grip. It's not strength, just position.

Hand Black Gesture Finger Wrist

1 - 11 of 11 Posts