Glock Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
TI_in_Yosemite
58 Posts
Walmart for cheep ammo. Here in California I can get Winchester 115 gr 200 rounds for 48.95 and Federal 115 gr for 24.95 for 100 rounds. It's decent ammo. I do buy bulk online but that will change here in CA 2018.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you can save money to buy bulk 1000 rounds will save some dollars I suppose but to be honest in most cases it's not saving a huge chunk.

Take a brand of ammo you like and look at the cost for one box of 50 rounds... then compare that cost against 500-1000 rounds... you'll save money but depending on how often you shoot and how many rounds you tend to shoot each session, it can still become very costly and not worth the effort.

100 rounds total for me is roughly $45 without targets. 500 rounds would equal $225 just about and could find decent ammo at 500 rounds for about $118 or so maybe a little less... this situation though would dictate me going 5 times to the range shooting 100 rounds each time.. if I shot more than quickly I'd be out of ammo and need to buy bulk again which is not worth it. 1000 rounds could cost $200 + depending on type of ammo.

The only way you save $$ big time is if you make your own ammo. Buy casings heads powder and get to work. You can even use old shells with new primers etc...

If you shoot indoors maybe once or twice a month then buying bulk only saves very little and gives you more opportunity to shoot more rounds in one session without feeling it in your pockets. But quickly after you will need to restock.
Have you tried Ga. Arms :Canned Heat"?

·
Registered
212 Posts
There's a little guy on YouTube that shows how to hold the gun. And rob Latham is on YouTube and he is very good to watch how to hold your gun properly . And Jerry Michaluk has YouTube videos. Glock must be hold hi with proper grip hold has high as you can without getting slide bite. Also Google on YouTube the Glock store he has a hold he calls the combat grip that he teaches on YouTube. Watch as many YouTube's as you can everybody is a little different. That's where I learned or started to hold The gun the proper way. I am still learning and I am an old fart. I hope some of this helps. Don't give up on the platform I think it takes more practice with the glock. I have older sigs that I shot better at first but I think I shoot my Glock's better now

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's the target look like?

And while YouTube can be helpful, a good pistol instructor is much more valuable.
He said his groups with the 1911 were better than the glock. I have a glock 19, cz75 and s/w shield all in 9mm. The glock 19 is the least accurate, with the shield next and the cz 75 the most accurate 9mm I have ever shot. I even bought a Wilson match barrel for the glock and it didnt improve accuracy at all. There is a you-tube video that shows a shooter doing the same thing. If you want to say the glock is more dependable due to its looser tolerances then I will give you that. Up close combat accuracy yeah.

·
Premium Member
14,544 Posts
He said his groups with the 1911 were better than the glock. I have a glock 19, cz75 and s/w shield all in 9mm. The glock 19 is the least accurate, with the shield next and the cz 75 the most accurate 9mm I have ever shot. I even bought a Wilson match barrel for the glock and it didnt improve accuracy at all. There is a you-tube video that shows a shooter doing the same thing. If you want to say the glock is more dependable due to its looser tolerances then I will give you that. Up close combat accuracy yeah.
I think 1911’s are just easier to shoot then Glocks. Even the CZ75. I am even more accurate with my Shield 9mm then my 19. I trust my Glocks to fire every time. To date not one of them has failed to fire in its oem configuration. Close combat accuracy is all that really matters, after dependability to me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When you say most accurate.....
do you mean point of impact is closest to the point of aim, or do you mean the shot pattern is the tightest grouping, or do you mean your ability to shoot is better with another gun than with the glock?

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Group size is accuracy. It doesn't matter if the group is not centered, as long as it's in the same place each time. Centered is is grip issue. Yes, 1911's require the least effort on the shooters part because of the short reset trigger and good ergonomics. CZ's are just as good, and in some cases better. The new SIGS are also easy to manage.

That's why 1911 platforms are the most used gun in USPSA Open and Limited Division, with CZ's and SIGS most often used in Carry Optics and Production.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think 1911’s are just easier to shoot then Glocks. Even the CZ75. I am even more accurate with my Shield 9mm then my 19. I trust my Glocks to fire every time. To date not one of them has failed to fire in its oem configuration. Close combat accuracy is all that really matters, after dependability to me.
Your
Your right Lucian. I carry the Glock 19 CCW sometimes as well as the Shield. I would never carry my CZ75, just too big. I was just saying if you shoot well with different guns and cant shoot the Glock to the same accuracy its probably the gun.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
No, shooting is 99% the shooter, no matter what the platform if you have the fundamentals: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control. It will be still be easier to shoot a 1911 than a HiPoint, but the gun is never the limiting factor.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
All I'm saying is that group size is a measure of accuracy, and if you ransom rest the gun, it takes the shooter out of the equation and results are pure mechanical. Point of impact can be wrong sight height or incorrect grip and stance. All my 9mm Glocks are zero at 10 yards and at 40 yards, and about 1" high at 20 yards, 125 gr at about 1,140 fps.

This is the curve for a 90 gr. A bit flatter as it's going over 1,200 fps.

Rectangle Slope Font Triangle Parallel

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
When you say training sessions, are they range time with BUDS or a professional trainer who is watching your stance, grip, trigger pull etc. Sometimes it's not the firearm, it's the shooter.
Head Eye Font Circle Symmetry

LOL. My favorite training target. LOL

21 - 35 of 35 Posts