glock 19 9mm magazine question

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by gpfreak, Apr 26, 2012.

1. gpfreak

gpfreak New Member

a friend ordered me a 22 round oe glock mag for my 9mm. when the mag arrived it is for a .40. i loaded the clip and the cartridges cycle manually just havent fired yet. will this work?

2. Nell2Glocks

Nell2Glocks New Member

I'm NO expert, but I wouldn't use it in my 9mm if it were me.

3. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Not not too entirely sure but I'd have a feeling you might get possible failures to feed.

4. gpfreak

gpfreak New Member

magazine question

i read somewhere that the glock .40 will fit a s&w .40. any truth to this?

5. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

It work's! U can interchange 9,.40,.357 without any problems! I do it often. Saves from reloading mags all the time

6. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

Hate to see what happens when you stick a .40 mag full of 9mm in a .40 cal pistol.

7. gpfreak

gpfreak New Member

its not a .40 cal pistol.
    i have a 9mm.
    the .40 cal mag fits and looks just like the 9mm.

8. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

Yeah DO NOT do that! I guess I should have been clear. Only shoot the calibrated round that matches the barrel! Only the mags are interchangeable!

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

I wouldn't use it. Sell it and buy a 33-round 9mm magazine if you can legally own them where you live.

10. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

There is a little confusion here as to what is interchangeable and what isn't, here's what the real answer is... Regardless of a .40 mag fitting in a 9mm and vice versa they are not interchangeable... Glock considers all mags interchangeable that are the same caliber ex: the G17 mag will fit in a G19 and G26... That is what Glock means regarding interchangeability...

Now it may appear that your .40 mag works, FOR NOW! The .40 mag has a different size follower than the 9mm mags do which can and most likely will prove to cause problems later on with FTF issues when you may be in a situation that you need the weapon to work most... I and others here suggest that you use the appropriate caliber mags to avoid any issues and future frustration... May cost a bit but trust me it's worth it and since you have a .40 mag you are on your way to maybe eventually purchase a G22 to compliment the 9mm, I hope that this helps you and others out :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  11. gpfreak

gpfreak New Member

thanks for the info. the mag ordered was a 9mm. the company just sent a .40. i will return it and get the 9mm. 33 rounders are illegal in ohio :( . thanks again

12. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Thats too bad, the 33rnd mags are soooo much fun lol.

13. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

The highest capacity 9mm Glock magazines you can get in Ohio are G17 magazines with magazine extensions. There are some aftermarket companies who make magazine extensions that you can use on G17 magazines in Ohio.

These extensions can be put on G17 magazines to increased their capacity to 27 rounds, and that is legal in Ohio:
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156531&CAT=3723