Glock Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna know everyone's preference on the g17 and the g22. Thinking bout adding another to the collection

·
Registered
25 Posts
i say start at the 17 and work your way up... there all amazing pistols.

·
Registered
25 Posts
but if you had to choose, why go for the 22 or 17? why not go big and go 34 or 35, or go long and go 24 or 17L

·
Registered
120 Posts
I say buy the 22 and add the lone wolf barrel. That's the best way imho. Same feel, two different calibers. I love my 22 and my 9mm barrel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i did the same thing hermdog is talking about with my 35

·
Registered
88 Posts
G17 - Iconic, the OG Mack Daddy

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well with the 22, u can have 40 cal, 9mm, & 357.... If I'm not mistaking.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't think. Just do it and collect them all.
Best advice i've ever heard :D

But, personally, I love the G22. I guess what it comes down to is what caliber you like better. Or you could do what otehrs have already suggested and get the 22 and the 9mm barrel.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've never shot the 17, just the 22 and 27. I am partial to the .40 since that was the first duty weapon I was issued and I do not buy additional calibers so that everything I own feeds the same caliber. In the end it's simply personal preference though, I've never met a Glock I didn't like :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
The only Glock I'm not a fan of is the 22 and 23, they are way to snappy for me. On the other hand the 17, 19, 26 shoot brilliantly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Armando1228 said:
The only Glock I'm not a fan of is the 22 and 23, they are way to snappy for me. On the other hand the 17, 19, 26 shoot brilliantly.
Yea it's a 115 grain bullet / 180 grain quiet a difference

·
Registered
307 Posts
And even shooting my Glock 31 is preferably better for me than a Glock 22, but again it is what I prefer, kuddos to those who love there 22, 23, and 27

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
If you could only have one, I would go with the G17. Practical for the range since the ammo is a little cheaper. The are great SD loads for the 9mm. You can get ammo for a 9mm anywhere. With that being said, get both. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have owned both and competed with both. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. My personal preference is the g-17 for versatility, cost, capacity, shoot ability, and the ability to use the factory 33 round G18 magazine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts