Glock 17 truglos-- which one?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by techgov8, Apr 16, 2012.

1. techgov8

techgov8 New Member

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

They say the two color scheme draws the eye to the front sight better,

so that's my call.

3. Fresh801

Fresh801 New Member

I have the tfo's green/green

On a side note why do all my oils front the phone app appear sideways?

ForumRunner_20120416_021510.jpg

ForumRunner_20120416_021449.jpg

4. techgov8

techgov8 New Member

Yea I've heard that the two color scheme is better for your eyes. Thats why I was leaning more towards the red and green. How are you doing with the two greens?

5. Stides

Stides New Member

There is a difference between TruGlo TFO's and the regular fiber optic TruGlo sights. The TFOs are fiber optic with tritium inserts so they will still glow in total darkness. The regular ones are just fiber optic rods so they need some light to glow. I believe the TFOs only come in all green and green rear/yellow front. The regular ones without the tritium come with the option of green rear/red front. My recommendation would be to go with the TFOs because they glow in complete darkness. The yellow rear with green front are nice for some contrast and slightly quicker front sight recognition.

6. techgov8

techgov8 New Member

Yea I just started reading that and the brightness is what I'm looking for so I guess ill be going with those. Thanks guys

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  7. techgov8

techgov8 New Member

Just ordered the tfo with the yellow in back and green in front. They'll be here in 2 days