Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
The Glock 17, the original and, in some people's opinion, the best. It debuted in 1982 and has been going strong ever since.

Do you have one?
What do you like most about it?
What do you like least about it?

What have you done to yours? I've added Talon Grips, that's it.

Here's a HD video I uploaded giving some pretty nice shots of it in action, and then some accuracy demonstration, or, I should say, an indication of what it can do in more capable hands than mine.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have one and love it. I've found it to be very accurate. The only thing that we have done is replace the trigger with a Glock factory 3.5 lb trigger.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
I have one and love it. I've found it to be very accurate. The only thing that we have done is replace the trigger with a Glock factory 3.5 lb trigger.
+1 I looooooove my 17. I'm no bulls eye shooter by any means with a handgun but I'm definately way more consistent with much tighter groups with my Glocks especially my 17 than whats shown in the vid even under double and triple tap shooting.

·
Heckler & Koch
1,978 Posts
I have a G19 Gen 3 and am really thinking about getting a G17. Just want to know what I can expect out of the G17 that I might not get with my G19? Oh, and by the way. I Love my G19.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Got a Gen 4 G17 here, had a Gen 3 as well. Nothing wrong with the Gen 3 but the Gen 4 fits my hands slightly better and love the larger mag release. Accurate enough for me, love it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The only Glock I own is a Glock 17 Gen 4 and I love it. It's just plain fun to shoot and it's very accurate. The only thing I have done to mine is put a Ghost 3.5lb trigger in. After owning one, I know why it is so popular.

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm 2 minutes into this......if it's not an accurate weapon, then why do so many use in competition?
It's good enough for steel plates, etc.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I think they are better than that. I gurantee they are more accurate than you, I or anyone else on this forum can be.
Mine is a 87 born on date and it is still Accurate and as Mike P says More accurate than I am. It is on loan to my Big brother but he has shot the snot out of it since he has had it at his place. Oh andit is 100% original!

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine is a 87 born on date and it is still Accurate and as Mike P says More accurate than I am. It is on loan to my Big brother but he has shot the snot out of it since he has had it at his place. Oh andit is 100% original!
Hey, that's great. They just keep on running.

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think they are better than that. I gurantee they are more accurate than you, I or anyone else on this forum can be.
I'm really impressed with how accurate you are. You are an awesome pistol shooter. Truly amazing.

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Amsdorf said:
I'm really impressed with how accurate you are. You are an awesome pistol shooter. Truly amazing.

:rolleyes:
Misinterpret much?

Really man....where exactly did I call myself an awesome shooter? I believe I said I wasnt a bulls eye shooter. I dont see where that comment qualifies as me calling myself an awesome shooter. The comment you just quoted was me saying the gun(Glock) is more accurate than any of us. Maybe you mis read that.

Just because you have problems shooting as accurately as you would like with Glocks, doesnt mean the rest of us Glock shooters can't shoot more accurately.

Maybe you should stick with 1911's since they make almost any shooter look good.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Mike P said:
+1 I looooooove my 17. I'm no bulls eye shooter by any means with a handgun but I'm definately way more consistent with much tighter groups with my Glocks especially my 17 than whats shown in the vid even under double and triple tap shooting.
I agree. I think the 17 is the most balanced and best shooing Glock. I shoot IDPA and GSSF with mine. I carry a 27 but the 17 is the most accurate and most fun to shoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.