Glock 17 or Glock 34?

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by law, Jan 30, 2012.

1. law

law New Member

Is the 5.32 the longest barrel for the 34???

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum law...!!

To answer your question, the G17 is the original with a barrel length of 4.49 inches as compared to the G34 which is marketed as the "competition" model with a barrel length of 5.32 inches and a longer sight radius...so for target shooting on the range the nod would go to the G34, IMO. Both have a standard mag capacity of 17 rounds, with non-standard mags holding more.

vba likes this.

3. Well only you can answer this question so who knows.

4. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Ditto on what Shooter said. If it is strictly for range use and competition, G-34 all day long. I have a 34 and that is all I use it for.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    vba likes this.
  5. law

law New Member

Whats the length of 17 and 34

6. It's amazing what soup.....er I mean Google, can do!

:D

http://glock-handguns.com/

17: 4.49in
    34: 5.32in

7. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I love my 34 for range duty. I would even use it for self defense duty or tactical use, but wouldn't recommend trying to carry one concealed.

8. msandoval858

msandoval858 New Member

I love my 34. The only thing I will eventually change is the sights on it, not fond of the the adjustables from the factory. Aside from that, the 34 is a solid performer right out of the box.

I used it as my CCW for a week while I was having a minor repair done on my 5" 1911. Although it's not ideal for it, I was actually able to conceal it very comfortably. I guess being a bigger guy makes it a little easier to conceal a bigger gun.

9. PJDonuts

PJDonuts Well-Known Member

Being a big guy definitely makes CCW easier... I carried my duty weapon (G21) as my off duty weapon for many years. The grip blended nice with my love handles. My G19 is virtually invisible now! :)

Southlake and Danzig like this.