Featured Glock 17 MOS & 19 MOS

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Southlake, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Media Contact: Brandie Collins
    Tel.: (770) 432-1202
    Email: [email protected]
    September 24th, 2018 — For Immediate Release
    Take Aim with GLOCKs New Modular Optic Ready Pistols

[​IMG]
    SMYRNA, Ga. – Sep 24, 2018 GLOCK, Inc. expands the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols with the addition of two modular optic ready platforms. The GLOCK 17 Gen5 MOS and GLOCK 19 Gen5 MOS come optic ready right from the factory and enable users to mount their preferred reflex sights to their pistol in order to improve their target acquisition.

The G17 Gen5 MOS and G19 Gen5 MOS complete the evolution of perfection for the 9X19 family of Gen5 pistols

“The MOS platform offers a convenient way for users to mount reflex sights without costly alterations to an original GLOCK slide,” said GLOCK, Inc. VP Josh Dorsey. “The resulting combination of optical sighting and the unparalleled accuracy and reliability of the new generation of GLOCK pistols set a new standard for this class of pistol.”

These Gen5 models are precision-machined to provide a mounting system for all popular optic sights. With multiple adapter plates, you can quickly and easily mount electronic sights to the rear of the slide. The Gen5 MOS family of pistols also feature front serrations for easier and quicker manipulations. This includes the addition of front serrations on the G34 Gen5 MOS which was first introduced to the market in January, 2018.

The G17 Gen5 MOS and the G19 Gen5 MOS will be available for purchase starting October 5th, 2018 at participating dealers.

For additional information about GLOCK Modular Optic ready pistols, visit www.glock.us.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cazbass, Peepaw and TheKraken like this.
  2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I’d like the 19 version

cazbass likes this.

3. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Ineresting. I've never spent a lot of time with an optic-fitted handgun.

cazbass likes this.
  4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I love my G19 RMR. It didn't take long to get use to the optic for me. I really like it.

cazbass and Southlake like this.
  5. SixG17s

SixG17s Well-Known Member Supporter

Dots may look cool, but they take serious discipline to draw to. Whole different draw than irons.

cazbass likes this.
  6. TheKraken

I practice and train with mine every day. I really like it.

cazbass likes this.
  7. Southlake

I dry fire iron and dots daily

cazbass likes this.
  8. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

IMG_3136.jpg

Fresh off the Line G19 Gen 5 MOS with FS

tomj, Surfram, cazbass and 2 others like this.
  9. beautiful!

Here the MOS model has arrived just in time, I know shooters who did the work of milling with a gunsmith, the optical elements are increasingly used by shooters with vision problems.

#GoKingsGo likes this.
  10. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

Ordered Lantac Threaded barrel in Burnt Bronze, going to replace my Silencer Co Barrel in my other 19

11. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

Ordered all new parts in Burnt Bronze should have all my parts by next week

TheKraken likes this.
  12. TheKraken

Can't wait to see it jhelper.

13. SixG17s

I'm talking about stuff like this, not so easy as it looks.

Steel is even tougher, especially on a wiggling platform...

Southlake likes this.
  14. Impala61

Impala61 Active Member

Bought my 19 yesterday and will be ordering my RMR next week.

cazbass, TheKraken and Southlake like this.
  15. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

GA
    I need one!

cazbass likes this.
  16. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

IMG_3195.jpg IMG_3202.jpg

Got it back from eccoating.com, only thing I’m waiting for is my Battle Arms Development threaded barrel, going to put the bronze Lantac in my 19X

IMG_3200.jpg IMG_3194.jpg

The MOS is Magpul FDE Matches perfect, I used my Black Silencer Co barrel for the pictures. There’s nothing wrong with it, I have just been wanting the new B.A.D barrel for awhile now, had to order it straight from them, they are rare right now.

Eccoating.com does awesome work, give him a call, check out his website and Facebook page. IMG_3190.jpg IMG_3228.jpg

Steelie68, Southlake and Oscar44 like this.
  17. Southlake

@jhelper I see you have both the 19X and the 19.5 MOS. Can you compare the two for shoot-ability and recoil management?

18. SixG17s

So, how does it run?

19. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

They pretty much shoot exactly the same, the New MOS shares the same trigger as the 19X. But if I had to pic, I would say 19X because of longer grip. But can’t go wrong with either. I also like I can switch slides and have a G45 with MOS, so that is cool

Steelie68 and Southlake like this.
  20. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

IMG_3231.jpg

Got my Battle Arms Development (BAD) Threaded Barrel in today.. freaking love it

Steelie68 and mtelep like this.