Glock Forum banner

Glock 17 Magazine Issue

1K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  SixG17s 
#1 ·
I am getting a lot of misfires from my Glock, but it only seems to happen when I am using a certain magazine of the 2 that came with it. It's a brand new gun with new magazines. Are there any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.
By misfires do you mean failure to feed or failure to ignite as your use of misfires is unclear.
Your question on magazines leads me to think feeding issues.

#4 ·
Most ban state guns come with 2 10 round magazines.

#13 ·
They go into the magazine ok and I did not have any problems with the one out of two magazines. I did not mark the one I had problems with. I am going to do that the next time I go to the range.
If the 1 mag persist's with feeding problems give Glock a call,they like any other manufacturing company have had bad magazines and should replace them for you.

Reactions: Danzig
#18 ·
Yup, bought a used 10rd mag, and it fails to feed, with multiple times for each mag load. I suspect your new gun had its magazine switched by a gun store employee. 10rd mags are getting scarce on the market since several states have outlawed anything bigger, so all the 15, 17 round Glocks now are illegal to possess and have to be replaced with 10 rd mags. Ah well, if ya can't defend yourself with 10 rounds, then it wasn't meant to be, is my take on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.