Glock Forum banner

Glock 17 Hydrographics

6K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  nukinfuts29 
#1 ·
I'm new to this forum so bare with me. I have a glock 17 that I've been thinking about getting hydrographics put on it. If you aren't familiar with hydrographics it's a process where you literally dip your gun in water with a graphics film on top and the film adheres to the exterior of the gun. My question is will this effect the performance of my Glock? Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
I can't see how it would affect the performance of the gun. I can't see a good reason to put a decal on one, either, but it would work.

#7 ·
I have had a shotgun dipped and it looked great. The process actually made the gun more weather proof, not that Glock needs it. I plan on having the frame of my 34 dipped after the next GSSF match.

#10 ·
I would like to see it! I know it will not affect the performance, but I have heard they it does not hold up with extensive use. Post pics when you get it done! What pattern are you looking at?

#11 ·
Seems like the key is proper priming and painting.

I have an ATI Mosin-Nagant stock that was dipped. It is coming off. It is several years old. I can't be certain if it had a primer and paint coat like is done now. I'm sure the processes and materials have gotten better over time.
I also noticed it is no longer on their website.

I still would like to do it.

#12 ·
I would like to see it! I know it will not affect the performance, but I have heard they it does not hold up with extensive use. Post pics when you get it done! What pattern are you looking at?
I would think that how well it holds up will depend heavily on how well it's clear coated afterward. The better the clear and the more layers of clear, the better the protection.

#13 ·
KeenansGarage said:
I am looking at doing a ghost camo pattern. If it work good with my Glock I am considering dipping part of my AR-15. I am really looking forward to doing it.

#14 ·
That self dip kit looks cool. I might have to check that out.

I have seen and handled several items dipped by northwest hydro printing. Google them. Great shop and good people.

The sunglasses have held up very well.

D

#17 ·
nukinfuts29 said:
We have hammered this topic before. If it is a carry weapon the dip will NOT hold up.
SOOOORRRRYYYYY. Don't care if the topic has been "hammered" before.

Am I not free to make a comment? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

D

#18 ·
SOOOORRRRYYYYY. Don't care if the topic has been "hammered" before.

Am I not free to make a comment? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

D
Not referring to anyone in particular. More of a general statement that not only provides the OP with the knowledge that he can search and find other discussions, but also explains why my response may be short as opposed to long and detailed.

#20 ·
nukinfuts29 said:
Not referring to anyone in particular. More of a general statement that not only provides the OP with the knowledge that he can search and find other discussions, but also explains why my response may be short as opposed to long and detailed.
Gotcha.|

Didn't mean to come across as overly snarky. My apologies. Hard to get emotion across Ina discussion forum, even with smileys.

I agree that the printing doesn't hold up to heavy use. I have several buddies who had their weapons printed before deployment and by the time they came back they were pretty beat.

D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.