Glock Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a friend of mine wants to sell me his Glock 17 the serial number starts with FP### I looked on the Internet and it says April 1989 generation one but the frame looks like a generation two I'm confused and all the serial numbers match would this be considered a generation 1.5 ?????

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Can you post a pic. The frame will show which model it is by the trigger guard and grip.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the gun here with me but it definitely is a gen 2 frame what's throwing me off is the serial number says generation one

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Is it the original frame? Does the frame and slide serial match? I know there were some in between models in generations. So its possible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My dad has a gen 1 g17 that had a recall. He sent it to flock and when he got it back they put a gen2 lower on it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You ever find out what it was?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glock serial number still says first-generation all original was bought new in August 1989 gun was made april of 89 all the numbers match but it's definitely a gen 2 frame I'm guessing it's a leftover Gen one slide put on a gen 2 frame

·
Registered
91 Posts
The front part of the grip under the trigger guard is textured and according to the Armorers manual Gen2 started with FG. I would call this Gen2. It is interesting GLOCK is calling it a Gen1. I think I can also make out the metal serial number plate in the frame, correct?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
You're 100% right that's what threw me off I might try calling back in a day or two to see if I get a different answer do you know if the gen 2 came with the captured guide rod?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts