Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like our policemen will be brandishing new Glocks in a few months time. The winning bidder just passed the 20,000round test fire. It's about time they replace their antique guns to new and reliable ones. Criminals have better guns than they do. So hooray for the PNP.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.38 revolvers (some dont even fire) assorted brands of .45 and 9mm mostly antiques and some allegedly confiscated from criminals if u see one carryng a cool gun. 1/3 of the police force don't even have one. So this is a big step forward for the PNP. Uniform gun, reliability, interchangeability and user friendly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow, I would say WAY past due! Better late than never tho, good for them!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe its because our current president is fond of guns so that's why he supported this modernization for the police force.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
rv19 said:
Photo taken a few years back during an assault. Do u notice anything?
I feel sorry for that 1st officer in the pic. Poor guy. Not good to be in that situation with just a finger.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another blooper. The joke is that they do their practice here since they don't have enough budget for ammo.
In my opinion, they shouldn't be wearing their uniform while playing since it will look bad on the whole police force and it maybe assumed bythe public that they are on-duty.

Attachments

·
Happy Member :)
5,220 Posts
Ahhh the good ole fashion finger gun..very intimidating! Lolol sheesh I'm happy for them getting the contract with glock so he can actually put that finger to use.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
That dude armed with nothing but a finger needs a bigger tree to get behind. Do they get trained to do that in order to make the bad guys think they are vastly outgunned or something?

·
Registered
122 Posts
That could have been his "Happy Finger" and he is a very optimistic fellow.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very glad to see they are finally getting funds to properly outfit them. Now they just need training. I was stationed there back in 1970..the Constabulary ran the streets as the Police at that time. Of course, the communists were trying to oust the local government at that time as well. The police at that time were armed with 1911 style handguns or old revolvers. Many were armed with rifles of some sort. Their ideas of crime and punishment were absolutely their own and not anything like what we have here in the US. Travel from province to province was a real nightmare sometimes! But I did and do love the country and plan to revisit someday soon.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Very glad to see they are finally getting funds to properly outfit them. Now they just need training. I was stationed there back in 1970..the Constabulary ran the streets as the Police at that time. Of course, the communists were trying to oust the local government at that time as well. The police at that time were armed with 1911 style handguns or old revolvers. Many were armed with rifles of some sort. Their ideas of crime and punishment were absolutely their own and not anything like what we have here in the US. Travel from province to province was a real nightmare sometimes! But I did and do love the country and plan to revisit someday soon.
Interestingly enough, while I am here on vacation, there are a couple of provinces that require I secure permission from my employer before I can go to those places. Some things change, but it all stays the same....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts