Glock 17 Carbine Conversion Kits

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mr_jbell, Jun 28, 2016.

1. mr_jbell

mr_jbell New Member

Hello everyone I've been looking at all the different glock carbine conversion kits the Roni, Mech Tech,Fab defense,And Hera Arms wondering if using anyone has these and what are your overall opioms and reviews price range vary from about $320-600 on some site plus you have to register them as a sbr so with that being said are they worth it.

2. GTMedic

GTMedic New Member

Roni has a carbine conversion with a drop in 16" barrel that does not require any NFA or special registration.

3. mr_jbell

mr_jbell New Member

Wow cool thanks have to shot the Roni carbine yet

4. GTMedic

GTMedic New Member

I have not. But I am seriously considering one. But I already have a CX4 storm in 9mm so not sure yet.

5. mr_jbell

mr_jbell New Member

I haven't looked at the cx4 Storm I was thing about buying the kel tech sub 2000 to pair with my glock 17

6. GTMedic

GTMedic New Member

I picked up my CX4 which accepts model 92 mags new for less than $400. It's a tack driver out of the box. It's my favorite to shoot out of all my firearms.

7. lordbronn

lordbronn New Member

Just got it Friday haven't been to range yet. But I'll keep you posted if ya want

Attached Files:

8. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight Well-Known Member

Nice. Something brand new to do with your Glock! Heck yeah, holler in.

9. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Which one is it?

10. lordbronn

lordbronn New Member

The Roni civilian comes with 16in barrel so no tax stamp required.

Attached Files:

11. mr_jbell

mr_jbell New Member

Interesting 16in barrel with no tax stamp needed I have to look into buying one of these

12. lordbronn

lordbronn New Member

I did a small range report on another thread but the short of it was it ran perfect. Only issue I had was out of 200 rounds I had 3 light primer strikes cuz of light striker spring in glock.

13. GPerfection

GPerfection Active Member

I almost bought the Mech Tech conversion at a gun show. This show is monthly so maybe I still can get it. The upper was really heavy with a price tag of $300.
    The guys wife said its negotiable and offered to sell it for $275. At the same time her husband said $250. I later had regrets that I didn't get it.
    It looks likes this(minus the gun)

Attached Files:

14. nickndfl

nickndfl Well-Known Member

That would have been a decent price. There aren't many used ones on the market anymore.

Ten Man likes this.
  15. Ten Man

Ten Man Active Member

I own a Mech-Tech CCU for a Glock 20. It came with the 16" stainless barrel, so no Tax Stamp. I have multiple G20 and G21 guns, so it's easy for me to have a fully functional Glock pistol and carbine set in 10MM.

I really like the Mech-Tech carbine. If you had a chance to get it for $250-275, that was a great deal! It's about $500 NEW, to get it the way you want it.

16. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

$250!! I'd regret not getting it also!

17. muddog15

muddog15 Member

I love my Roni, I want the Civilian Roni, they make the arm braced model that you don't need a tax stamp for. That's the one I have and my wife and I love the thing. We shoot it from the shoulder though. Trying to shoot it strapped to your arm is an excercise in futility.

18. Ten Man

Ten Man Active Member

You may want to review BATFE Regulations, and perhaps consider editing your post.

19. muddog15

muddog15 Member

I already have, maybe you need to review the regulations. There's 2 different kinds of Micro Roni's. Both of which can be shot from the shoulder. There's a lot of confusion online about that point. BATF changed there stupid ruling about the arm brace version.

20. Ten Man

Ten Man Active Member

http://www.guns.com/2017/04/25/atf-reverses-decision-on-ar-arm-brace/

Shouldering a firearm equipped with a barrel less than 16 inches and an arm brace would make it an unregistered National Firearm Act item, ATF says in the letter dated March 21, adding that it continues to “stand by those conclusions.”

But “incidental, sporadic, or situational” use of a firearm equipped with an arm brace “in its original approved configuration” at or near the shoulder would not constitute a redesign nor make it an NFA item, ATF says.

According to the "reversal" decision, it is OK to shoot from the shoulder infrequently, not as a matter of course.

Your interpretation may be different than mine or the BATFE's, but knowing government regulators for many decades has taught me that they are NOT above telling you one thing, then crucifying you for a slight "misunderstanding."

Obviously, you are free to do as you wish. If it were me, I would not be publicly announcing the practice.