Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Beretta,Glock,Smith&wesson
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys just saw this video by this youtuber and i was wondering if it is more common than you think.
Since i am pretty new to owning a 10MM and with my recent Acquisition of a Glock 40 Gen4 MOS 10MM for my Trips in the woods.
I am assuming that if it can happen to a Glock 20 it could happen to the Glock 40

I saw the video here
where this youtuber in Alaska Explains his take on it.

Will my Stock/Factory Glock 40 Gen4 be okay with These More Powerful Rounds such as the Underwood 10MM 220gr Hi Tek Coated Rounds or should i get a KKM Aftermarket Barrel for my Glock 40 Gen4 MOS if i am gonna shoot these 10MM 220gr Underwood Rounds???

I know alot of you guys have experience with shooting some HOT 10MM Loads through your Glock 20,Glock 40
I hope i don't have to worry about this. If anyone knows the details on this story or ones just like it let me know

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
Hey Guys just saw this video by this youtuber and i was wondering if it is more common than you think.
Since i am pretty new to owning a 10MM and with my recent Acquisition of a Glock 40 Gen4 MOS 10MM for my Trips in the woods.
I am assuming that if it can happen to a Glock 20 it could happen to the Glock 40

I saw the video here
where this youtuber in Alaska Explains his take on it.

Will my Stock/Factory Glock 40 Gen4 be okay with These More Powerful Rounds such as the Underwood 10MM 220gr Hi Tek Coated Rounds or should i get a KKM Aftermarket Barrel for my Glock 40 Gen4 MOS if i am gonna shoot these 10MM 220gr Underwood Rounds???

I know alot of you guys have experience with shooting some HOT 10MM Loads through your Glock 20,Glock 40
I hope i don't have to worry about this. If anyone knows the details on this story or ones just like it let me know
I’m guessing that guy was shooting reloaded ammo.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Buffalo Bore sells something they call40+P. It tells you don't shoot it out of a Glock due to a loose chamber.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
You can KaBoom any Glock with over pressure rounds. But 99% of the time it's bullet setback, not a double charge because all progressive auto indexing presses will not cycle twice in a station or run backwards (the Dillon 550 manual can be doubled, that's why you use a high volume low density slow powder so a double will spill over). Heavy bullets and fast powders are more sensitive of over pressure, but a setback of even .060" in a 9mm can KB.

The 40S&W KB thing in Glocks started when the G22's first came out, and the Federal ammo really was too hot. We blew up a few at the academy. Unlike the 357REM, which is based on a .100" longer 38 Special, the 10mm came first, then the 40S&W at .100" shorter after. Initial loadings were too hot. No commercial ammo is going to KB a 10mm, unless you have bullet setback. Check by tapping the rounds on the base and see if the bullet begins to more.

And the worst damage I have ever witnessed, in over 2 dozen KB's, including 3 myself (chasing Major 9x19) was 2 stitches and blackened bruised hands, and of course, a badly injured wallet....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts