Glock 101 VIDEO

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Amsdorf, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Hey, guys, I thought I'd go ahead and make a video on Glock field stripping. I know the subject is covered a lot on YouTube and for anyone who has done it more than a few times, it's second nature, but I've been wanting to do a video that was well lit, in high def, clear audio and that showed some really up close views of precisely what to do, and why. As a new Glock user/owner I found myself screwing it up at first because I kept forgetting to uncock the gun and was pulling the side way too far back.

So, here, for what it is worth, for you to use or share, or throw darts at, is the video I pulled together:

[ame]http://youtu.be/nqhc5_wkHpk?hd=1[/ame]

2. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Very nice! Thanks for sharing your channel.

3. william488

william488 New Member

Nice video, makes it easy to understand the process, and how slow you showed it made in impossible for anyone not to know how to do this. Wish you had this the first time I had to do this on my gun. good job.

4. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Same here! I am ashamed to admit how badly I screwed up my first couple field strip attempts with a Glock. I look back and laugh, particularly once I moved into other handguns, like the 1911, which is like doing brain surgery compared to how easy it is to field strip a Glock.

I've even found detail stripping the Glock's slide and frame really quite straightforward and very easy, compared to detail stripping a 1911, for example.

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

So easy even DUTCHS can understand! Nice reminder Amsdorf. And thank you for remembering not everyone has been doing this forever!

6. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Thanks, Dutchs. I hope it helps. People who have done it a long time forget that it is intimidating the first time you do it. As is true with any number of "first times" in life.

;)

7. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Thanks for another good vid. Well done.

8. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Well Done! Simple, Clear and on Point! You got a future doing videos if you keep it up!:)

9. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

Nice video for ppl brand new to glocks.

10. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Again, thanks guys, I told another guy that when I make a video like this I try to imagine the most slow, dim-witted, mechanically inept person as possible...in other words, somebody like me.

:eek:

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Looks like the beginning of a club! Where do I sign!

12. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

We allow our members to sign an "X" in lieu of a signature, it is in keeping with our very high standards.

; )

13. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

x:d x x x

14. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

Simple, to the point and practical. Much like the Glock itself.

15. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Thanks, glad you liked it.

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Another great video sir !!

Thanks...

17. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Awesome video Amsdorf! You should do a video on a detail strip as well, I know I had difficulty with the cup on the firing pin in order to get the back slide plate off. Every one of the videos on youtube were either poorly lit, or they went through the process so quickly that I couldn't see what they were doing. You seem to be pretty good at making these types of videos, and it may help some of the forum members who don't want to seem like a "noob" because they can't detail strip their Glock.

18. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

To get that back plate off you just need a punch or a ball point pin will work. On the slide there's the plastic liner thing that goes around the firing pin and you can see just the lip of it. Push down on it and use your thumb to easily push the back plate off. I know if you haven't done it before this might not make sense so a good place is glockstore.com and Lenny magill has specific videos on how to replace/install every single part of a glock. It's how I learned and now I can probably detail strip the gun with my eyes shut

19. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I know how to do it now, but when I first bought my Glock I had a hard time with it.

20. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Definitely, and I'm happy to say that detailing stripping a Glock is surprisingly easy, again, even for doofs like me.

You put your finger on the problem with many YouTube videos:

Poor video quality, due chiefly to poor lighting. Remedied via professional lighting equipment. I use a number of ultra high intensity lights that allow me to get pretty close to daylight white balance.

Poor audio quality, due chiefly to being too far from camera. I'm working at improving my audio, in fact, just received a better external microphone solution.

Poor camera work, not taking the time to zoom in closely, focus and then explain.

Rushing through the explanation...you have to slow it way down and keep it very simple. Chances are if you think you are making it too simple it is still too complicated for those who have never done it before.