Glad we got the CCDL

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by mattm, May 13, 2020.

1. mattm

mattm garand poobah of the interwebs Supporter

LElliott and Glockfinger like this.
  2. djg1965

djg1965 Member

Being a fellow resident of Connecticut, what are you most concerned about with regard to any new regulations? After all, the Dems have a super majority for the foreseeable future.

3. mattm

Where to begin? Or perhaps, what's left? Another attempt at ridiculous increase in permit fees, Gilchrists ammo surcharge going through, banning "others", banning semi auto's, taxing the living bejeesus out of anything gun related, range time, purchases etc... last oct was the last day to buy an unregistered 80% lower/frame, that stunk.
    I do not need to purchase anything 'til I retire and move, fortunately, but i hate the irony of living in the Constitution state. Love the state geographically. Hate what Hartford and much of the state has become politically. Glad to live in the red corrider.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 10:09 PM
    NWG40, LElliott, Danzig and 1 other person like this.
  4. djg1965

djg1965 Member

Yeah right, Constitution state, lol. What prompted the question was that I wondered why no other state had tried to implement the microstamping law. I thought that could be a next step. I can't see how this law has been upheld on its journey to the Supreme Court.

jhg likes this.
  5. mattm

Haven't heard of that one I don't think? What is microstamping?

6. LElliott

LElliott Well-Known Member

Barcoding anything from guns to individual ammo rounds.

7. djg1965

djg1965 Member

They require all new guns to have the firing pin stamped with a unique marking that imprints onto the rear of the casing every time it's fired. They also require a second place to imprint the marking on the casing. However, the technology for the second marking does not exist. The firing pin is the only way to do it, and that only gives you one marking. It's really quite fascinating and my description does not do it justice. Google it and read it as there is much more to this law.

jhg likes this.
  8. djg1965

djg1965 Member

No gun manufacturer has introduced a new handgun in California due to this law.

jhg and Danzig like this.
  9. LElliott

LElliott Well-Known Member

Easy enough to swap out a firing pin though. That's how stupid and ignorant those bozo's are about guns.

jhg, Danzig and mattm like this.
  10. mattm

That's what I'm thinking, or even if they marked replacement pins, some, like my mini 14's, come oversized and get ground to size..ammo rounds...hmm, reloading comes to mind.

LElliott, jhg and Danzig like this.
  11. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    They would just file a case on you same as scratching off a serial number. Just another way to go after gun owners.

jhg likes this.
  12. NWG40

NWG40 Well-Known Member Supporter

I would think that would depend on recovering the shell casings?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LElliott likes this.
  13. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

California, land of the insane.

LElliott, mattm, Danzig and 1 other person like this.
  14. Danzig

Texas
    Nah, they would have enforcers take a snap cap with silly putty in the primer pocket, dry fire and use a jewelers loupe to see if you defiled the state mandated micro stamp.
    Logan’s Run is looking more likely everyday.:(

15. djg1965

djg1965 Member

That's why their law requires "two or more". They quickly realized that you could just change the firing pin. But, how else could you get another microstamp on the cartridge?

16. djg1965

djg1965 Member

It is concerning to me. Many of the courts including the California Supreme Court upheld this law even as they acknowledged it was impossible to comply. Four more years of trump and Constsitutional Judges should get us to a good place!!

LElliott, NWG40 and Danzig like this.
  17. Danzig

Texas
    If...

NWG40 likes this.
  18. Olga17

Olga17 Well-Known Member

Just let Biden keep talking from his basement!

NWG40 likes this.
  19. Danzig

Texas
    They let him out today!
    His team figured a way to keep him out of trouble too! 897C71BD-48CF-4CE0-BC78-2C20E4898B18.jpeg

LElliott, NWG40, Olga17 and 1 other person like this.