Ghost Ultimate 3.5 Connector for Gen 4 G34

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by cvitter, Mar 22, 2012.

1. cvitter

cvitter New Member

This evening I swapped out the standard G34 OEM connector for the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 connector (http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_GU3/GHOST-ULTIMATE-35-for-Glocks-GEN-1-4.html). The reason for this post is to see if anyone has any experience with this connector that care to comment on.

My initial impression in side by side dry firing with my Gen 4 G19 is that I can't feel the difference. The pull feels no lighter or crisper than standard. I can't tell any difference at all and frankly that's a little annoying.

Thoughts?

2. Oddball Gunner

Oddball Gunner New Member

I've fired a friend's G23 that had one in it. Compared to the 5lb pull on my G30, his was scary light. I'd guess it was 2.5 - 3 lbs. I've considered getting the 4.5 lb Ranger Tactical for mine but am still undecided.

I did install a Wolff 6lb trigger spring and have noticed it lightened my trigger a touch.

I'll be getting one of these soon just because I'm tired of guessing what the real pull weight is. :D

3. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

Did you buy just the connector or did you get the spring kit as well?
    I have the Ghost Rocket in both my 19 and 22 and love them.
    1 thing you can do is polish the "Birds Head" on the trigger bar.

4. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I only got the connector. My next thought was to try a new trigger spring possibly.

At this stage I am trying to avoid polishing the OEM parts

5. david1962hd

To begin with I had problems, the trigger felt "spongie" it wasn't a crisp snap, after adjusting the connector by bending slightly and polishing the Birds head only, I achieved the snap.
    Springs, I'm sure will help as well.
    Try springs and possible slight bending before the polishing.

6. cvitter

cvitter New Member

Could you describe how you bent the connector?

(BTW: I broke down and bought a couple of different trigger springs tonight to see how they compare to the stock Glock trigger spring.)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  7. david1962hd

Go to www.ghostinc.com and on the left side of the page you will see " Glock Rocket tactical and all other connectors installation instructions" there you will find what I'm talking about.

8. cvitter

cvitter New Member

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

This probably goes without saying but I'll say it anyway, make sure to put a small drop of oil into the interface between the connector and trigger bar.

10. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I am going to take the whole thing back apart today, clean everything well, and lubricate. Its a brand new gun so I actually have not done that yet... so no, I actually did not place any additional lubrication there when I swapped out connectors. :eek:

11. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  12. cvitter

cvitter New Member

That's correct. I want to pull everything back out again anyway though so I can check the bend of the connector.

13. I just got a Lone Wolf competition spring kit to go with my Ghost Ultimate 3.5. It's three springs.

14. Yeagh, on my first Glock I just did the connecter and didnt notice much... I added the springs and it felt fantastic... On my latest beast I changed it all out before even firing the first round.

2.5-3# FTW!!!

15. cvitter

cvitter New Member

So I detail stripped the receiver and checked that the connector had the right bend and that it was seated properly in the trigger housing. Then I put a drop of oil at the contact point for the connector and trigger bar and put everything back together.

Verdict: MAYBE it is a hair lighter than my Gen 4 G19's stock trigger with ~4000 rounds on it. It definitely sounds crisper than the G19's trigger. Overall it is still not noticeably better looking down the sights and dry firing. Hopefully changing out the stock trigger spring will make the difference I am looking for.

16. cvitter

cvitter New Member

Ok, so I wrote to the folks at Ghost Inc. describing what I had encountered and I got a response back from Arthur Viani the President quite quickly. I won't quote directly because I didn't ask if I could however the answer is this:

1. Although the product is listed as being for Gen 1 - 4 guns the Gen 4 trigger bar radius has changed and so the pull is heavier on the Gen 4.
    2. You can overcome this by swapping out the Gen 3 trigger and trigger bar (http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GLO_00357/GLOCK--00357-Smooth-Trigger-WBar-GENs-1-4.html)

Mr. Viani offered to take the product back for a refund.

Not sure what I am going to do yet. Not crazy about buying another trigger/trigger bar already since the gun is new and I am a little frustrated by the fact that the Gen 4 information was not on the product page.

17. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

I don't believe it's the radius on the Gen4 trigger bar that changed. The Gen4 trigger housings were changed so that the connector sits at a different angle, 5 degrees in the heavier direction. So with a minus connector it'll only be about 1/2 lbs lighter than the factory dot connector.

Gen3:
    minus: 4.5 lbs
    dot: 5lbs
    standard: 5.5lbs

Gen4:
    minus: just under 5 lbs
    dot: 5.5 lbs
    standard: just under 6lbs

18. cvitter

cvitter New Member

That makes sense. I know that the trigger housing for Gen 4s changed and I do now recall hearing that some people were swapping the standard connector for the - connector to get the feel of their Gen 3s. I only have the two Gen 4 guns to compare side by side.

19. Outstanding information!!! Thank you sir.

20. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Have you heard of glocktriggers.com? I ordered one of their drop in trigger assemblies and I noticed a huge difference!! They are a little pricey but its worth it to avoid the headache.