Ghost Trigger Malfunction?!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by PAGJD, Feb 8, 2014.

1. PAGJD

PAGJD New Member

I installed an ultimate ghost trigger "drop in version" in my Gen 2 Glock 23.

The pistol worked fine in dry-fire cycles, but today with live ammo, it went full auto several times with 3 shots in rapid fire before the trigger reset. It did this at least twice on all 4 magazines we put through it. Needless to say, it's not being used until fixed.

Hen I installed it I did breakdown thr slide and cleaned the parts. I did not disassemble the firing pin assembly.

Has anybody ever experienced this?

My armorer and I are puzzled.

Thanks

2. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Do you mean Trigger Connector, or just Trigger? Never had that issue, but want to understand fully...

"Under the law of nature, all men are born free; every one comes into the world with a right to his own person, which includes the liberty of moving and using it at his own will. This is what is called personal liberty, and is given him by the Author of nature, because it is necessary for his own sustenance." -- Thomas Jefferson: Legal Argument, 1770. FE 1:376

3. PAGJD

PAGJD New Member

Sorry, yes the connector.

4. Glockinator19

Glockinator19 Certified Glock Armorer

You need to check the angle of the bend on the connector, compare it to the stock GLOCK connector.

5. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I recommend calling Ghost. I had a different problem with one of their connectors, and they were great. Excellent customer service.

"Under the law of nature, all men are born free; every one comes into the world with a right to his own person, which includes the liberty of moving and using it at his own will. This is what is called personal liberty, and is given him by the Author of nature, because it is necessary for his own sustenance." -- Thomas Jefferson: Legal Argument, 1770. FE 1:376

6. PAGJD

PAGJD New Member

It was the angle. So, when you install, make sure you match the angle in thr stock connector.

7. mildot45

mildot45 Member

Morning PAGJD;

I have had nothing but problems with just about every Ghost connector I have installed in the past year or so. To make it even worse Ghost doesn't even have the decency to return E-Mails.

So far I have had MUCH better luck using genuine Glock connectors (like 100% great function).

8. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

Any other mods done?
    As stated it should be a drop in part, I have installed several in the past and no problems. The connector needs to have a slight bend out wards when in the trigger housing. It could be that you got one that is out of spec along with your trigger housing being not perfect that caused your problem. I'm just guessing here, if you have another Glock that you could swap parts with you might try that.
    I'm sure if you contact Ghost they will work with you.

NRA member, GSSF member and a GCA.
    Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday.