Ghost Ring Sights

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by PanFried, May 17, 2012.

1. PanFried

PanFried New Member

I have a question to the forum. Has anybody installed Ghost Ring sights on there glock? And if so did you have any issues installing them?

2. PanFried

PanFried New Member

So i'm guessing ghost rings sights are a complete waste of time?

3. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

4. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

^^^ dito ^^^

5. PanFried

PanFried New Member

6. PanFried

PanFried New Member

This is the set i am talking about. My gun shop said they did not have the proper equipment to install.

Attached Files:

7. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

That's the ameriglo set

8. what kind of gun shop can't install sights? it's not rocket science. The rear side slides in with a drift punch or various other tools and the front sight screws in. If you are apprehensive about installing yourself you can send them to Argyle Armoring, he is one of our Vendors.

https://www.glockforum.com/vendors/

The XS sights are incredible. It is mind blowing how fast you can get on target in all kinds of lighting. My groups tightened up and became more center mast the first day out.

9. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

How are they in low light? I really like the looks of these it may have to be my next mod at tax time

10. PanFried

PanFried New Member

What i think he was referi g to was the a slide pusher. He told me if i installed them to use a 1/8 inch punch. Everyone i have talked to has said these sights are dynamite.

11. Amazing. I had very expensive night sights before and i do not miss them. For example I do drills every few weeks when the house is empty at around 2am. I leave my microwave light (over stove) on law all the time, and in ther living room my DVR gives off some light, and you have the windows through the house that give some ambient light. I have absolutely no issues getting on target with a very clear sight picture.

I know they are pricey but you will never regret XS sights.

I'll go a different direction with this. A sight pusher is the best way, but most do not have them. Skip the punch, they slip, they mar, and your hands will be upset.

Wrap a cloth around your slide and put it in a vice right side up as if it was on the gun. Push the sight in by hand till it stops. Take a plastic wedge (they sell them for cutting down trees, getting into cars, etc for like $4 at home depot) and put it against the sight at an angle so that the wedge is sort of pointed directly at the slide where the side and the top meet. I know it is confusing but when you go to do it you will know what I mean. Now gently tap on the wedge with a rubber mallet.

This will guide the sight right in super easy and not tear it up. You can also put a strip of paint tape over the wedge if you think it's rough.

12. Matter of fact, in this picture you can see the yellow wedge i am describing in the backdrop. I actually used it today on Dutchs gun in this picture because i didn't feel like digging out the sight vise.

[​IMG]

13. AckJay

AckJay Member

I am going to have to add this Big Dot Sight to my ToDo List now... Thanks for the reviews.

14. glock34gen4

glock34gen4 New Member

Think this would really improve your grouping over standard fixed?

15. if you can see it better why wouldn't it? Ultimately the groups depend on you, but anything that enables you to better see what you are doing will help.

16. PanFried

PanFried New Member

Thank you NuckingFutts29. I have that wedge tool in my tool box. :D

17. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter