Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -

I'm looking into replacing the stock sights on my glock 19 (gen 3)

I can't seems to get use to the stock sights.

Does anyone have any experience with the ameriglo ghost sights?

Recommendations / thoughts / opinions (pros vs cons of after market sights) for a newbie is appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ara

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have never used them. I was intrigued with them and like the concept. I had a Friend say it is hard to get the first shot quickly. So I have never tried them. I do hope some one does chime in who have used these sights who can give us 1st hand knowledge!

Hello all -

I'm looking into replacing the stock sights on my glock 19 (gen 3)

I can't seems to get use to the stock sights.

Does anyone have any experience with the ameriglo ghost sights?

Recommendations / thoughts / opinions (pros vs cons of after market sights) for a newbie is appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ara

·
Registered
637 Posts
I recently put a Hi-Viz F.O. front on my 17 and left the rear notch. I like it very much. Seems easier to focus on for me anyway. For quick target acquisition in a self-defense scenario try blacking out the rear notch with a sharpie. For target leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I put on Heinie Straight 8 Night Sights, improved my shooting. A lot quicker to acquire a sight picture and be accurate. I saw those ghost rings but want to know myself how they are. Personally I'd be afraid to break the ring.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
The issue with a ghost ring rear sight on a handgun is the distance from your eye when shooting. A ghost ring on a rifle works because it is right in front of your eye and you can easily line up/center the front sight inside the ring, therein lies the problem with a GR on a handgun, difficult to center the front sight and the rear obscures some of your vision. If you can try a set it may work for you, but I don't see it as a beneficial design.

Chilly gives an excellent option with the Straight 8's. I have 10-8 Performance sights on my G23; wide U notch plain rear and brass bead front, another excellent option.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I recently put a Hi-Viz F.O. front on my 17 and left the rear notch. I like it very much. Seems easier to focus on for me anyway. For quick target acquisition in a self-defense scenario try blacking out the rear notch with a sharpie. For target leave it alone.
This is the way I have been thinking of going! I like the blacked out rear and I hear for us "Older" Shooters the Fiber Optics are supposed to be much better!

·
Heart Of Dixie
589 Posts
I have the Ameriglo Ghost Ring sights on my Glock 22 and I
really like them. I also have them on a Sig P226 .40 S&W and
they work well on it as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
trex1310 said:
I have the Ameriglo Ghost Ring sights on my Glock 22 and I
really like them. I also have them on a Sig P226 .40 S&W and
they work well on it as well.
Thanks for the input.

I'm looking into the same product (ameriglo ghost ring)

Did a gunsmith install it for you, or did you do it yourself.

·
Registered
284 Posts
On my G17 I installed a set of Novak sights. The front is the red competition fiber optic and the rear is black half ghost ring. VERY fast! It seems that the front sight just naturally settles into the round notch. It's the best combination I've found for these old eyes.

·
Premium Member
13,876 Posts
I have shot my friends 27 with Ameriglo Ghost Ring sights. I didn't notice much difference between his 27, and mine with Trijicon tough night sights. To each their own, but I wouldn't put them on any of my Glocks. They claim to help with faster target sighting, but I didn't notice any difference. In all fairness I did not shoot at night with his 27.

·
Registered
1 Posts
chilly613 said:
Thanks for posting that link. I have been considering the Ameriglo ghost ring sights for my G27 for some time now. Based on the pics shown in that link, I would have say that I became instantly disenchanted with them. They seem to have a pretty high profile and are just begging to snag on something... I have Trijicon night sights on my G22 and do just fine, I was just thinking I might try something different. I may explore some of the other options presented by others in this thread.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Boru said:
Thanks for posting that link. I have been considering the Ameriglo ghost ring sights for my G27 for some time now. Based on the pics shown in that link, I would have say that I became instantly disenchanted with them. They seem to have a pretty high profile and are just begging to snag on something... I have Trijicon night sights on my G22 and do just fine, I was just thinking I might try something different. I may explore some of the other options presented by others in this thread.
Not a problem... They're probably a good competition sight. But maybe not for self defense and combat shooting, I'd think it'll snag as well and that ring just covers too much of the sight picture IMO.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had them on a 23 that I carried on duty. They work ok but are not precision oriented. I never snagged them on anything and liked them better in low light because of the tritium inserts. There are better sights in my opinion. Quality and finish on mine were excellent and price was reasonable. Try several that your friends have from different manufacturers before you buy, one will be the best for you. I really am liking the straight 8's but haven't bought a set. (yet) I am using the tru glo's right now and my eyes pick them up pretty quick.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I bought the Ghost ring Ameriglo sights, had my local Glock dealer install, no pics sorry.
The three dots glow at night and line up for a dead on shot, the other style ghost rings don't have the glo dots and suck when used in a dim light or dark area so don't waste your money on them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.