Ghost Connectors and Range Report.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by HenryinFlorida, Jul 3, 2012.

1. HenryinFlorida

HenryinFlorida New Member

I have a G21SF for home defense and a G36 for IWB concealed carry.
    I ordered and installed Ghost connectors in both of them last week.
    In my G21SF I installed the Ultimate 3.5 connector kit including 6lb trigger and fireing pin springs and light fireing pin safety spring.
    In my G36 I installed the ranger 4.5 connector kit with 6lb trigger and fireing pin springs and light fireing pin safety spring.
    They both dry fired really smooth and felt just right for each application.
    Today I took them to my local range and fired over 75 rounds thru each. Mostly 230gr FMJ, but enough HP's to make sure they fire OK.
    I couldn't be more happier with both of them. The G36 has a nice smooth chrisp feel, not too light for safety.
    The G21SF was even more smooth with a pound less pull.
    My marksmanship immediately improved 100%. I have always had a problem with low and left. Well, that problem is all but gone. Both guns fire so smoothly that I can keep right on target without any problem at all. I am not rying to become a Marksman, but just to be able to defend me and my family is ever necessary. I now have the confidence to do that. These Ghost connector kits are really great.

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Good Report, thanks for the info, and glad your hitting where you want. It's nice when it comes together.

3. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I have installed the Ghost Rocket kits in my 3 Glock pistols and couldn't be happier either.
    Light, smooth and crisp just the way I like em.

4. EvilD

EvilD New Member

I have the Ghost 3.5 also in my 34 and dont like the reset at all. Maybe I'll try the Ultimate. Also, if you start getting light primer hits its from the lighter striker spring, some people have the problem (I do) some don't

5. Tape

Tape New Member

I did a 2.5LB Ghost-Tape trigger job on all 4 of mine and mirror polished the striker-pin and trigger bar

6. HenryinFlorida

HenryinFlorida New Member

My kit actually came with the 6lb striker spring & trigger spring, not the lighter one. the only spring that is lighter is the fireing pin safety spring.

7. okieshooter

okieshooter New Member

I have also installed a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector in my G36. It took me about 3 hours to work down the TCT for a good lighter trigger pull and reset. I also installed the spring kit and polished the friction points. Went to the range for what turned out to be a humbling experience. Trigger pull was very good however, the G36 failed to reset about 1 out 5 rounds. Now back home to the workbench. Took it apart and re-polished the TCT and the trigger bar where the TCT makes contact. I did this with a hard Arkansas stone where no additional metal would be removed. Every thing felt good including the trigger stop over travel. Back to the range. Put 300 rounds thru it with no failures. Measured trigger pull at between 3 and 4 lbs.

8. I installed the Ghost rocket connecter and all the recomended springs also.
    I did not install the recomended springs at first. I did not like how the trigger felt. I did not go straight to the range to try it out which was great!I dont know how the trigger and my 34 would have shot!I had all the recomended springs I was lazy so I finished the installation with the springs. WOW!!!What a difference the springs made!So install the recomended springs you will like it!

9. EvilD

EvilD New Member

I did, had to take the striker spring out because of light primer hits. Added a pound to pull, but even with the lighter pull, I didn't like the reset. Next is a lightened striker, and the 4 lb spring again, and maybe a different connector

10. iShoot

iShoot New Member

I did Ghost Rocket kits on both my 23 & 27 last night, I ordered with the 6.0 lb firing pin spring (for self defense). And put smooth trigger w/bar on both (23 Gen 4 got a Gen 3 trigger w/ bar) only $14.95 ea. I did polish a few contact parts on the 27 with Mothers and Q-tips. Trigger pull feels really good, with no over travel. Arthur over at Ghost Inc is a really nice guy, and gave me all the information I needed.