Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up a couple cans of this stuff. Cost me a little over $20, but that's ok. I did get the spray and the spray only.

I wanted to know where are all the spots you guys spray this stuff. I know how Hickok does his but do any of you leave a little bit of the spray on the hood of the slide? Maybe a little under the barrel? Or do you wipe it all down and off?

Should I take a q tip and rub a little of this stuff on the frame rails and slide rails?

How do you do yours?

·
Vulgar Individual
588 Posts
I use ballistol as a recommendation from my gun smith. I wash my weapons with that stuff. Not only is it a non filming lubricant that lasts for a very long time...but it also de-carbonizes my weapons. I can spray that stuff in my bolt and carrier on my ar and last for weeks with out cleaning it. On my glock I clean all the carbon out of it and wipe it down with a gun cloth afterwards, which soaks up extra lube and keeps your weapon looking great, and it has a pleasant scent... but don't huff the **** because it is very carcinogenic. Use it in well ventilated areas, and use it sparingly, because a little goes a long way.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I get the 16oz liquid cans. I had a small bottle of RemOil that I never used, so I poured the RemOil out, washed, rinsed, and dried the bottle, then filled it up with Ballistol. It has a narrow nozzle to get into small places to put a drop of oil. I put a small drop of oil into the rear of each slide rail and hold the slide with the muzzle down to let the drops move down the rails to the muzzle end with gravity. Once they reach the muzzle end I wipe the excess away at the muzzle end. I put another small drop in the slide where the top of the barrel hood rubs against, and use a folded patch to smear it around everywhere I see wear from the barrel rubbing against it, then I use the patch to wipe inside the muzzle hole in the slide for the barrel. I put another small drop between the barrel lugs, then use the same folded patch to smear the oil around in between the barrel lugs. Then I turn the barrel over and use the patch to smear oil at the top front of the barrel hood where it locks up with the slide. Then I put another small drop on the round portion of the barrel and smear it around the wear marks where it rubs inside the slide. Then I use the patch to wipe the lip of the barrel that engages the slide lock. Then I put the barrel in the slide and put the guide rod in, and I use the patch to wipe the bottom of the barrel lugs.

For the frame I put a small drop of oil under the connector arm so the drop falls down into the interface between the connector and trigger bar. I use the oiled patch that I used on the slide to wipe the part of the slide stop that engages the slide to lock it back, the lip of the slide lock that engages the barrel, the sloped surface of the arm of the trigger bar that engages the firing pin safety, the sear tab of the trigger bar, the part of the locking block that the barrel lugs ride on, and finally the frame rails.

Right before I put the slide on the frame, I use the oiled patch to wipe the notch in the slide that the slide stop locks into and rearward of that notch back to the slide serrations. I lightly oil the surface of a q-tip and wipe the muzzle-facing surface and bottom surface of the firing pin lug, and the side of the ramp on the bottom of the slide that pushes the connector to the side. Then I put the gun together, rack the slide about 20 times, check that the gun is unloaded and dry fire 5 times.

My method of oiling is probably too generous in some areas, but I detail strip and clean my Glocks often.

You could probably accomplish the same thing without using drops of oil, but simply an oiled patch to wipe each area. For the interface of the connector and trigger bar you could probably spray a q-tip until a drop of oil forms on the q-tip and let the drop fall into that interface.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGobEpUO3Uc[/ame]

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Where can you get it besides online? You would think that a product over a hundred years old would be found easier. Just my thoughts. I think it'd be a fine product to use. I've seen a lot of great reviews on it. If I can get it here in Kentucky I'd rather get it that way.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Well that sucks lol. Thanks shooter, I looked it up on their site before I asked here. They said there was several here but went to check the other sites and couldn't find any. Thanks again. Thats why I love this place, lots of help in here.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Ballistol is real good. Smells good too. I covered my Mosin Nagant in it

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just tried it out for the first time yesterday and the Ballistol feels a lot slicker than CLP which is what I have been using on my guns for some time now (with no problems BTW). Can't comment on long term benefits obviously but it does smell better than CLP.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I use it as well. Seems to work just fine. Although, I do think the smell is a bit overpowering. Use it in a well ventilated area.

I ordered it from Amazon.com by way of a company called Pyramyd Air. Very fast shipping.

At this point, I use it to clean the barrel and then use Weapon Shield for lube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts