Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Gen3 G19 which i love. I keep that at home for my wife, and wanted something to carry and keep in the car, so i bought a g36

I shot it before i bought it, plus my neighbor has one too ... and i liked the way it tucked away

But, after shooting it a bit. I am much more accurate w/ my G19 and deal w/ the recoil much better w/ the 9mm

I keep thinking the 6+1 isn't enough, and will i be able to be as accurate w/ the g36 vs a 9mm

Am i crazy for considering getting rid of the G36 and grabbing a Gen4 g19 ? One for home, one for the car and carry

I know a lot of people love the g23. I have never shot one...i keep hearing it is snappy. So if i don't love the feel of the g36, will i feel the same about a g23?

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
You may just need a little more range time with your 36 before you make a decision. I wouldn't give up on it yet. Perhaps after another trip you may change your mind?

Some of the guys here seem to think that the .40 S&W has more felt recoil than the .45ACP. I couldn't give you that answer as I've never owned or shot a .40 but I'd be willing to bet if you ARE a little sensitive to the .45 that you'd most certainly be sensitive to the .40

·
Registered
198 Posts
Plus if you get the gen4 G19 you can stick with one caliber. I hear good things about the G36 but its not always for anyone.

·
Call me Bronco...
133 Posts
I have a 17. 26, and 23, all Gen4's the 23 is my favorite with 4000 rounds of .40S&W in the first 6 months . I would like to get a 36 gut don't care for the gen3 frame textures.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
I was very disappointed with my G36 the first time at the range. Breaking it down to clean later, I found the guide rod to be too flimsy for my liking. Immediately ordered a S/S guide rod and that G36 has been bang on ever since.

·
is being censored
304 Posts
You have to get out and shoot it brother! Its a small compact 45 its not going to be as easy as a larger frame 9mm, but with practice you will tame it. I'm just like you I absolutly love my 19 I'm super accurate with it and its my bread and butter gun but I carry a 36 every day and I was worried about round count at first but alot of reading and research and stressed range time (I purposely try and stress myself out.. i have my girl yell at me and try and make me as uncomfortable as possible) has lead me to belive 7 rounds is enough to hit my target. BUTTTT do what make you the most comfortable.

Cheers, Dave

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
If you like 45acp and still want something small enough for CCW then why not give the G30 or G30sf a look? That way you can still use all the ammo you've got stocked and you'll bump up to 10+1 or even 13+1 with a G21 full size mag.
Of the two guns you've listed(G19 and G23) I'd go G19 over the G23 because ammo will be cheaper, recoil is a lot less and you'll get a couple more rounds in the magazine.
IMHO in ease of shooting and recoil I'd rank em' 9x19mm, 45acp and 40S&W in that order.

P.S.
You can get a +1 extension for the G36 that'll bring you up to 7+1 which is what a lot of guys carry in thier 1911's and feel perfectly comfortable with. Just an inexpensive way to maybe get you feeling better about the G36.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts