Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright im 2 days away from being 21 and choosing which Glock has been easy but hard. Ive narrowed it down. G19 or G26? I do plan on gettin my concealed, i know there both pretty easy to hide so that's not a factor im to worried about. I did choose these because i do want a 9mm there cheap, fun to shoot, and still lethal if need .be. Now what im stumped on is what gen, and as well whats the difference in u.s.a made or Austria? And what do you prefer? Help me out! Time is a tickin and im trigger happy!

O yes and what's the better inside holster?

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
If you plan on picking up a full size G17 at a later date then go for the G26 now. If you're just going to have the one Glock then split the difference and get the G19. Better yet, since you're turning 21 why not just go for the gusto and get a G21 in 45acp,LOL.
:D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum and addiction!Whaddup!

·
Premium Member
45,457 Posts
Can't go wrong with the 19 or 26 I personally would recommend the G26 gen4. For first gun but then again for same amount of money I go to the G30sf one awsome smooth great gun.. And ammo is just a few bucks more and u will have a Great little 45 beast

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would do a .45 but im lookin to have tons o fun and shoot shoot shoot, and the recoil on the .45 is a lil to snappy to empty all rounds quickly into a small area which is something im a fan of, and as well the gf would like to handle the 9mm a lil more i believe. But thank you fir your opinion. Lets see what others believe.

And dutch thank you im totally ecstatic to be a part of this,

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I have both the 19 and 26 and like them equally. I would suggest you start with the 19. It's more fun at the range. Enjoy the Forum.

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GAgal said:
Welcome to the Forum! I have both the 19 and 26 and like them equally. I would suggest you start with the 19. It's more fun at the range. Enjoy the Forum.
Thank you great to be here! And ok ill consider that, what holster do you carry?

·
Registered
385 Posts
My first Glock was the 17, affordable and easy to keep on target. I after more experience I went with smaller Glock's. But still love the full size and carry it often.
Holsters are something that's very personal also...
I have a comp-tac holster (IWB) which can conceal awesomely. It offers the ability to tuck the shirt around it for total concealment. If you want a great OWB the Glock sport/combat holster works awesome for $15! I use that often as well. Wear a long shirt and it can conceal also.
Congratulations on making a great decision on purchasing a Glock.

·
109 Posts
Since you're stuck between the G19 and G26, I would suggest getting a holster first and see how each one conceals to your liking. I just bought a G23 Gen4 (first handgun btw) couple weeks ago. Even though my main purpose was for home defense, I would like to CC when I get a permit. However, as it turns out, the G23 (basically a G19 but in .40cal) is a bit big for my body frame. No biggie, I'm now considering picking up the G26 later (got the Glock fever now). :)

Once you narrow down to the model, the Gen3 or Gen4 isn't that big of deal. Just go to the dealer and try them both. I think the differences are mostly cosmetic. Modular back strap, extended mag release, texture on grip, reversible mag release, and so on. Personally, I would go with Gen4. Only because I like the latest and greatest. LoL

I hope all this help and welcome to the forum. :)

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AsianKracker said:
Since you're stuck between the G19 and G26, I would suggest getting a holster first and see how each one conceals to your liking. I just bought a G23 Gen4 (first handgun btw) couple weeks ago. Even though my main purpose was for home defense, I would like to CC when I get a permit. However, as it turns out, the G23 (basically a G19 but in .40cal) is a bit big for my body frame. No biggie, I'm now considering picking up the G26 later (got the Glock fever now). :)

Once you narrow down to the model, the Gen3 or Gen4 isn't that big of deal. Just go to the dealer and try them both. I think the differences are mostly cosmetic. Modular back strap, extended mag release, texture on grip, reversible mag release, and so on. Personally, I would go with Gen4. Only because I like the latest and greatest. LoL

I hope all this help and welcome to the forum. :)
Heck yes thank you, ill see what holster my impact guns carries and try em out. And on the gen 4 that's what i was thinking, the newer the better. I CANT wait to get my hands on either of em. Ima put a thousand rounds through it the second its in my possesion.

·
197 Posts
I have always liked the Galco leather holsters. Very well built and rigid. It will all be what you find comfy. Don't get something cheap and flimsy especially for ccw. Just my 2 cents.

·
109 Posts
Waddup91 said:
Heck yes thank you, ill see what holster my impact guns carries and try em out. And on the gen 4 that's what i was thinking, the newer the better. I CANT wait to get my hands on either of em. Ima put a thousand rounds through it the second its in my possesion.
Oh, one last suggestion on the newer the better scenario. You should also consider the pricing as a factor between the 2 generations. For example, my brand new G23 Gen4 was only $50 more than the Gen3. But if it was a difference of say... more than $100, then I might have gotten the Gen3 instead.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Waddup91 said:
Thank you great to be here! And ok ill consider that, what holster do you carry?
I use either a Tagua Leather holster with a thumb break, a Blackhawk Serpa or a specially made gun purse depending on what I'm wearing that day.

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cjn79 said:
I have always liked the Galco leather holsters. Very well built and rigid. It will all be what you find comfy. Don't get something cheap and flimsy especially for ccw. Just my 2 cents.
Well ur 2 cents means plenty, im writing all these holsters names down. Theres to many! Haha, but maybe ill check em all out online so i kinda know what i want when im there. Im defiantly lookin for (iwb) carrying. But thanks again.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
TNFrank said:
If you plan on picking up a full size G17 at a later date then go for the G26 now. If you're just going to have the one Glock then split the difference and get the G19.
:D
This is good advice.
If it's only one gun, the G19 would be that gun.
I'm pretty sure you will buy more than one gun. The G26 will conceal better and will be a fun range gun, especially when using the larger magazines.
I say, buy the G26 first and later on when you have more money buy either the G19 or G17 for home defense and range time.

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
j102 said:
This is good advice.
If it's only one gun, the G19 would be that gun.
I'm pretty sure you will buy more than one gun. The G26 will conceal better and will be a fun range gun, especially when using the larger magazines.
I say, buy the G26 first and later on when you have more money buy either the G19 or G17 for home defense and range time.
Every hour im leaning closer and closer to the 26 gen 4. So thank you your advice with everyone elses really helps, this is such a handy app. But now the question, does U.S or Austrian make a difference?

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Waddup91 said:
Every hour im leaning closer and closer to the 26 gen 4. So thank you your advice with everyone elses really helps, this is such a handy app. But now the question, does U.S or Austrian make a difference?
And yes there will be many many more.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
And yes there will be many many more.
I carry the 23 gen4 myself at about 3 o'clock and I have found my Foxx Trapp to be an excellent choice for that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts