getting better I think

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by sean_ma, Mar 12, 2012.

1. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

I've like to thank pettyofficer and happysniper1 and everyone else for their advice on starting up with my glock 19.

Been to the range maybe 6 or 7 times. Shot around 1200 rounds and still learning.

Here is my range pic. Not sure of the distance but the lanes are supposedly 70 feet long. So I guess its 50 feet?

Is slowly coming together.
    I have a laser attachment that helps me see my trigger pull and jerk whilst dry firing so I can correct when the time comes to when I fire whilst the laser is off. Don't want to be too dependent on the laser. Want to do well with the standard iron sights. But the laser helped me see what i'm doing without going into a spasm during recoil haha.

Anyway here are my pics from my final round at the range last week. The gun is amazingly accurate if used right. I love this gun. Itching to buy another one... Addiction bug kicking in.

Attached Files:

2. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

This is the one before my black sticker targets.

Attached Files:

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Shooter's world?

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Looks like Firing Line in Aurora lol

5. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I guess a lot of shooting ranges look alike. Anyways, looks better than my last outing! Good job!

6. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

Thanks all, really like going but it gets kind of expensive even just for a 9mm.

This range is TopGun gun range in Houston, TX.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Holy [email protected] batman, that's some pretty good shooting there...50 feet, new shooter, new gun.

I'd say you are doing exceptionally well. As you now realize, find what works, and practice practice practice.

(oh, and spend and spend and spend on ammo, too! ;))

Cheers!

8. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

Hi, thanks!

Well still have alot to practice :) oh don't get me wrong. I was taking my time on the shots haha..

Not like i'm imitating a mini gun..
    I just try to be patient and always see what different things I can do to help it along. Not as fun as blasting away I tell you haha.

Really appreciate the tips. Just wished I had deeper pockets haha.

But yep more practice needed.
    And yes i'm right handed.. I'm Yanking the trigger abit? Noticed the holes shifting to the left? :)

9. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

yeah its common. i do the same sometimes. you can tell from right hander to left. i am now shooting with both thumbs stacked on top of each other and pointed straight. has helped with that alot. give it a try next time. its a two handed method. happysniper or shooter may be able to explain it better.

10. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

Range update... Having fun at 70 feet.. Still have the addiction :)

If the G19 is like this, wonder what the full size G17 is like?

Attached Files:

11. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Lookin good!

It depends on the size of your hands, I am a big guy 6'3 so I love the 17 I don't own a 19 will soon but I shoot slightly better with the 17 due to the way it fits my big hand. Rent one and give it a whirl

12. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

Ahhh, well i'm only 5'6 and my hand fits the G19 with some room to spare.. So I guess its good for me. I held the 17 when I was first deciding to buy the glock for the first time. But thought it was a little big. But I guess the barrel us a little longer :). I think I will try the 17 the next time i'm at the range..

13. sean_ma

sean_ma New Member

Can't wait for the next range visit :)

14. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I posted some pics on a thread about proper grip on a Glock. I'm only 5'8" and 179lbs. I have small hands but you can definitely see the proper way to grip your gun.