Getting a Savage Model 111 30-06 tonight!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by deadlift560, Jul 8, 2012.

1. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Any input on it? I'm bartering for it, and will have about $110 into what I'm trading. Thought it was a pretty good trade

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I have the Savage Hog Hunter in. 308 and love it. If your saying you only have a $110 dollars in it, that's a great deal.

3. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Yeah I'm trading a Xbox 360 I have $110 into lol

4. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

I'm told it kicks like a beast. Lol

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

If it's in good shape that's a good deal. Mine was new but I paid around 550 otd. Mine has a good stock pad on it and I can shoot it all day no problem, the Savage is known for great reliability and 30.06 Ammo is easy to find. Should be a lot of fun. Enjoy and get us some pictures!!

6. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Nothing beats a Savage in Bolt Action Accuracy right out of the box and not costing an arm and a leg.

I bought a 110GXP, the 308 with accutrigger and a cheap Simmons scope. First time at the range I beat our former SWAT sniper when he was using our 700 5R with Leupold. Savage makes an amazing rifle and any price, but as cheap as they are they are just unbeatable.

7. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

I had a Savage 111 in 30-06 and it was the most accurate center fire rifle I have ever owned. Savage rifles are a great deal.

8. EvilD

EvilD New Member

You can't buy a better rifle for the money than a Savage, 30.06 hits hard, get a good recoil pad and you can shoot it a lot longer.

9. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Yeah I'm gonna have to. Any idea where I can order online? I traded a Xbox I paid $110 for! Good deal!!!

10. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

Wow, What an awesome deal you got.

11. Iwrush

Iwrush New Member

Yea good deal buddy.

12. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

13. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Now I'm gonna put it up for trade a glock :) hopefully I can find someone looking to trade lol. If not I will keep it for huntin this year.

14. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Sweet deal. did you shoot it yet?

Might as well bring it to the Meet and Great.
    More motivation to come.... show off the new toy. ;)

D

15. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

No I just got it at 10 last night! Lol. If alls good for me to come, I will def bring it

16. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

And? heheheh.

There's not much up around somerset. You could have thrown a few rounds downrange.... ;)

D

17. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Not much here, but we live in town right now. So we can't. And the game lands up the road closes at dark lol. Not one for breaking the law :p

18. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Midway or Brownells

19. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Some one wants to trade me a ruger sr9c for the savage. What do y'all think?

20. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I have the full size SR9 and it is a real good shooter. I guess it just comes down to what you think you will get the most use out of? Value wise is not a real big difference.