Getting a Gun in DC!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by sgtcowboyusmc, May 29, 2012.

1. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

OK here is an Award winning investigative set of stories done for the Washington Times. It is a series of articles as an Editor of the WT attempts to navigate the maze of regs and red tape in order to get a Pistol for her home! I will post the first article and from there as you finish each page it has a link to go to the next one. As you read this you will see why I worry about the National resiprosity act or any other Federal Legislation because I am afraid they will make my state more like this than what my State is now (The best Open and Concealed Carry State in the Nation!)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2011/oct/5/miller-emily-gets-her-gun/

2. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

It is a great series! I've read a few of them. Makes us New Yorkers actually feel lucky.

3. What state are you in? MO is pretty great ;)

Do you fear the passing of the national reciprocity act will make your state more like this? If so, why? I have been in large support of it because it would force retard states like NY and more importantly NJ to honor my CPL.

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Is this about the lady in DC tryna get her sig? Ive read it before. Very interesting...

5. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    She is great. Nice to see a nationally recognized news source looking at gun ownership from the law abiding gun owners vantage point and a series no less.
    This is why I want national reciprocity.

6. jmaxxx2903

jmaxxx2903 New Member

This is the craziest thing I've ever heard of to buy a gun. I bet she could have went to some corner in dc and bought a gun off someone in like ten minutes. I'm glad in my state all I have to do is show up to the store, pick it out, show ID, pay for it, pass a background check and I'm out the door.