Georgia laws??

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by blazinglock40, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Is anyone familiar with the ga gun laws when it comes to carrying out side on the grin porch or goin to you car when you open carrying. New to the law side I've just been keepin it with me in the house and never left with it. Just tryin to get some insure. I have no permit to carry it btw

2. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    U need your cwl to oc are ccw

3. I talked to a gentlemen the other day and asked him. He said I can carry around the house ie. the yard an such. But I don't want to take the chance walking out and 'Johnny law' is called because of it. Just wanted to fully understand the law instead of half assin things lol.

4. Tape

Tape New Member

you do not need a permit to oc

5. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

Basically, to carry a long gun you do not have to have a license to carry as long as you are not prohibited from owning a firearm. To carry a handgun openly or concealed in the state of Georgia (other than on your property or inside your home, car, or your place of business), you must have a Georgia Weapons Carry License (or the older Georgia Firearm License) issued under code 16-11-129. To carry a knife designed for offense with a blade over 5 inches you must have a Georgia Weapons Carry License (or the older Georgia Firearm License) issued under code 16-11-129. There are exceptions, read below to find out what those are.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

6. Thanks for the input and the link. Reading up on it right now. Thank you all

7. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

8. Just curious where y'all at in This great state of GA

9. 10mil

GA
    Harris county

10. 10mil

GA
    Really cause i started a thread about this the other day cause a Leo buddy Said u didn't need one and everyone jump on and said you did and he was wrong.

11. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

I am from rhode island :)

12. cybermikeb

cybermikeb New Member

Are you in GA now? I'm from RI as well.

13. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

Nope still in this mess of a state!

14. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

I'm from Pawtucket and I just admitted it.... I must be tired.

15. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

Haha I swear they wanna see how bad a state can be and still collect taxes

16. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I am in Columbus, Ga. You need a CC permit to OC or CC anywhere other than your property, and a permit to CC in your car. Your property includes your yard according to Georgia law, so you will be alright walking on your porch. Go ahead and get your Georgia Weapons license though so you can carry it other places.

17. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Anywhere on your home property, in your business and in your car, you do not need a license to carry.

Yes, you most definitely do need a GFL/GWCL to OC a handgun except as noted above.

18. TitoFTW

TitoFTW New Member

SW GA here. OC and CC all the time. Never had any hassle OCing.