Georgia carry laws

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by 02stroker250, Jul 22, 2012.

1. 02stroker250

02stroker250 New Member

I'm new here and I have a question that I haven't been able to find an answer for so far. The carry law states that you do not need a permit to carry at your home car or place of business. Well I've pour cement own my own business I'm at a different place every couple of days. So I have me permit under way but since the law says you can carry at your place of business I'm just wondering I'm just wondering if it would be legal for me to carry? I've tried to find and answer everywhere but no luck

2. Welcome to the forum 02stroker250!!! The helpful people on this forum will be by shortly to answer you question. I would but I don't live in GA.

3. 02stroker250

02stroker250 New Member

Thanks I've had a good time reading so far. I bought my first glock a couple weeks ago a gen3 23. I used to have nothing but 1911s

4. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum 02stroker250!

We have several GA LEOs on here and hopefully they can give you an answer to your question.

Enjoy the Forum!

5. Both are very fine firearms!!

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I'm pretty sure workplace means only your office or central location and not where you travel to. On Georgiapacking.org it says that if you cross any property that is not yours in the course of completing work duties, you are in violation of the law without a Georgia weapons license. You can only carry at the office or the land that the office is on if the owner of the business also owns the land.

7. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

You want to check gapacking.org.
    No GWL needed for home weapon. Vehicles are considered extensions of the home. As long as they stay in the car or house, it's fine. No GWL needed. Open or concealed carry requires GWL in Ga. Even some knives you need one as per the letter of the law. Long guns get exceptions which is pretty nice. And hunting... I believe there is an exception to carry a sidearm while hunting. It's been awhile since I've read it. Should go over it again

8. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Correct. The only thing I would add is that, unless you are the business owner, you cannot carry without a permit on the business premises without permission of the business owner. And as far as the business land goes, it's also ok if the business leases the land.

9. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Whoops forgot to add that.