General Info/ CA Law

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dsm88, Apr 11, 2012.

1. dsm88

dsm88 New Member

I was at my local Turner's yesterday and asked about the G27 they had for sale. I asked specifically what gen it was, he replied "Gen 3. California won't allow the sale of the Gen 4." One; can someone please enlighten me on this law. Two; how, if at all, can I purchase a Gen 4 G27?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum dsm88 !!

Can't really help you with Cali law...but stand by,

we have lots of Cali members here !!

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Gen 4's are not allowed in California, California has a list of approved firearms and the gen 4s are not on it. For your second questions you can't legally have a Gen 4 if you live in California.

4. glocknloaded

Sorry welcome to the forum!!! What part of California do you live in?

5. dsm88

dsm88 New Member

Thank you both, happy to be here. I'm a novice shooter, just purchased my first handgun last Oct. And I'm addicted. I'm in Southern California, Los Angeles area.

6. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Awesome, welcome. Where in LA do you go shoot at?

7. dsm88

dsm88 New Member

La Puente and Artesia thus far. Been hearing about an outdoor range in some hills near by. My coworkers and myself have been itching to go.

8. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

I go shoot at Prado Outdoor Range off the 91 and 71. There's also Burros Canyon in Azusa, haven't been to it yet though.

9. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Burro Canyon in the mountains above Azusa. Call first because most local law enforcement agencies go up there and do their annual qualifications with the range completely closed down, for everyone's protection.

Take Azusa Ave north from the 210 freeway, about 18 miles up. Turn right at the East Fork Road (over the bridge) and go another 1/2 mile and the entrance is on the left.

10. dsm88

dsm88 New Member

Nice. Thanks for be input. The Azusa one, I'm pretty sure, is where my coworkers have been talking about going. I gotta make it out to both.

11. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Once you go outdoor you'll never want to shoot indoor again. I used to go to Firing Line all the time, now I've never looked back... Unless it rains. LOL

12. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

I'm from Southern California, but moved to the Midwest. Much more gun friendly out here. Supposedly many people prefer the Gen3 anyway and some sub compacts such as the Glock 30 already have double recoil springs. Check on the laws/regulations, maybe you can purchase one in Nevada or something.

13. dsm88

dsm88 New Member

That's what I hear. I'm new, so anytime shooting, anywhere, I'm happy.

14. dsm88

dsm88 New Member

Thanks Glock19, will do. I'll look into all that. I won't be in California for more than another year, but until then, want to see what I can do.

15. s2gots

s2gots New Member

Ca
    If I'm not mistaken, Gen 4'a can legally be had with the SSE(single shot exemption)

16. glocknloaded

You may be right but in that case just stick with the gen 3

17. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

But would you really want to spend all that extra money just to have it done?

18. glocknloaded

I am very happy with my Gen 3 and would much rather be able to have a standard capacity mag but I don't see either of these laws changing

19. dsm88

dsm88 New Member

Well...I'm sure the Gen 3 is just as fine a weapon as the Gen 4. I fired it yesterday at the range before work. Has a slight kick on the top of my middle finger under the trigger guard. I'm sure that's shooter error on my hand position though, or just getting used to it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  20. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Gen 4 in ca only with single shot exemption if you can find a place that will do it. The gen 4 is not on the approved list because the manuf has not had the safety tests done on the new model. Example if you have a round in the chamber and drop the gun will it discharge