general help

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glock38, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

Im a first time Glock owner. On my first attempt to fully disasemble I cleaned it and tried to put it back together. But the slide doesn't lock in place and when I pull the trigger falls off completely. Any suggestions? I feel like an idiot right now .. :/

2. How full of a disassembly did you do? Take pins out, trigger out? Slide plate off?

Whats falls off? the trigger or the slide?

From what you said it sounds like the slide release isnt sitting properly... thats if the slide is falling off and not the tirgger.

3. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

Complete break down. And the slide is coming off when I pull the trigger.

4. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

I figured it out I put the locking pin for the slide in upside down. Thanks for the help..

5. No problem. I didn't realize the slide was falling off or I would have told you that in the first post, my apologies.

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Haha don't feel bad, I forgot to put the recoil spring assembly back it. You want to talk about a booger, do that and try getting the slide off lol. Lesson learned. Now you know :)

7. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

One of the earlier times I put the slide back on my 19 it didn't lock all the way back and then i tried to slide it forward and the jammed into place some how LOL.

Talk about scaring the hell out of you. Took a bit, unjammed the slide, and moved on.

8. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

I thought I broke it at first haha. But as we all know that's impossible to do to a Glock. I love this forum and all the help and info.

9. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

The real fun is when you're putting the slide on and miss a slide rail.

10. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

That's the worst mistake I hate to fix on customer's Glocks.

At least you didn't lose your slide lock like I did once. I was at the range and was going to remove my slide to adjust my rear sights. I unloaded the gun, pulled the trigger, and my slide fell off my frame and into my gear bag. My slide lock fell out of the frame of my new Gen4 19. I couldn't find it so I had to call Glock and since it was my duty weapon they shipped me a new one with new springs within 5 days. That's kind of a scary moment when you pull the trigger on your duty weapon and the slide falls off.

11. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Ouch!!! That would be worse than the world's loudest sound "click" if in a confrontation.